Stimulant Meds

"I have a
great bunch of gal-pals who dragged me off to the mountains during the heat of
summer, reminding me that “four of us are nurses, and all of us are mothers”
(plus one has a CFS sister and two have fibro in the family). They reminded me
that I was safer coming on vacation with them than staying home alone.

I’d have to check into a hospital to get that much attention from nurses
every day. :slight_smile:
"

CFS facts… Im so glad to hear that you went and had a great time :slight_smile: …understanding ones aint draining and make all the difference.

sick and tired said “Hi, at this point I basically told this guy to get lost .I would rather be
alone then be with a jerk. So this guy is good to you and that is good I
hope it makes you somewhat or more happy.”

Im so so happy still with this new guy… he’s helping me still so much, im hoping he will be this way when i finally get over to him in a months time (medical tests are holding me up).

He’s even helping me remember to eat… I often forget to have meals.

The other day I had the opposite occur… i ate breakfast then two hrs later, forgot I had breakfast… and so didnt know whether to eat or not. As he is helping me keep track of everything, I was able to message him and ask him if i had breakfast or not and he was able to tell me what I’d had as he remembered.

He not only always asks me what im eatting and keeps track of it… he reminds me to drink… and he even keeps track of all my appointments…asks me to give him the dates as soon as i make any and keeps track of all the follow up stuff. This guy is being so amazing.

Im finally not freaking out, scared no more just cause i cant function memory and brain wise as i know I have this other looking out for me and helping, who i can turn too when needed. He’s really being like a carer even from a distance. (I have contact with him night and day).

Do any of you have any experience with any Stimulant Meds., like Adderal of Provigil? What was your experience? Good or bad? Thank you! Sue

ÂÂ

Sue,
I take Provigil - 400mg a day - an extra 200mg in the afternoon if I need too. It was prescribed to me by my sleep neurologist. I was tested for sleep apnea and was diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea - so I sleep with a cpap machine at night - it helps a great deal with the fatigue too. but the doc suggested that I try this drug - they prescribe it to peopel on switch shifts, night workers and people with fatigue problems. It works wonders for me. I’m a zombie with out it. In the late afternoon I also have a diet coke. But 5pm on is my zombie time anyway…cooking dinner sometimes is a hoot.
that’s why the soda.
My gf who’s had cfs for 10yrs + has been on adderall before and is on provigal now says they’ve both worked for her. She takes sleeping pills to help her sleep too - which sometimes works, sometimes don’t.

I also take b vitamins - nature made B100 - the maximum b vitamin on the market and I started taking CoQ10 and it really made a difference. I’m considering upping it to 200mg. I’m at 100mg now.
Also taking vit E and fish oil.
All with doc approvals. That’s important - check with the doc.

Hope this helps.

linda

Do any of you have any experience with any Stimulant Meds., like Adderal of Provigil? What was your experience? Good or bad? Thank you! Sue

Sue,

HI, I TOOK ‘PROVIGIL’ WHEN I WAS ON TREATMENT FROM HEP-C. AND IT MADE ME JITTERY. NOW I HAVE BEEN OFF THE TREATMENT MYSELF, WANT TO TRY IT AGAIN TO SEE IF I CAN HANDLE IT W/O JITTERS. WILL LET YA KNOW