Thermoregulation

Chronic Pancreatitis ( as opposed to Acute Pancreatitis) Shellie, I’m pretty new to this as well. Acute is when someone gets random attacks of severe pain that send them to the hospital… it becomes chronic when the pain is present almost all the time in lesser degree (most of the time) and it comes with all the complications of digesting, etc. I went from Acute to Chronic in a short period of time. It seems that the doctors just discovered that I was born with an irregular pancreas. I’m in my 50’s so it’s all so bizarre! I,like many others, do not have an alcohol problem. It just decided to visit me at this juncture.

There is lots of info on the web. I read a lot and continue to do so to keep myself in the know. This support group is the best! You will find that you never feel alone…especially at the most painful times. Everyone here is so loving and supportive! It really helped me to know that others were going through the same thing though I sure don’t wish this on anyone.

I am hoping I helped. I will keep you in my prayers. Hoping you have a pain free night.

Jackie

Hello Shellie and Welcome to CarePlace…I am not sure if you got your answer, but if not (cp) chronic pancreatitis, but everyone is welcome here. We all have a variety of illness’s here so again welcome aboard :slight_smile: Ok just checking emails and wanted to email you…Big Hugs and Prayers coming your way…

With Love,
Mrs Barb/AKA~~~Barb :slight_smile: