Threat to Complementary/Alternative Medicine

There's currently a threat to alternative/complementary medical treatments -- see the article about herbals, etc., at http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/ and use the link in that article to share your thoughts with the FDA about how these are the only things that work for CFS -- Big Pharma has no interest in coming up with anything to help us.  Ampligen helps, but is not approved for sale.  Anti-depressants are proven useless.  

The only prescription that worked wonders for me came with massive side effects that, frankly, were more disabling than the CFS had been.  I'm doing better with Dr. Murphree's CFS/Fibro Formula and 5HTP than I was on prescription drugs.

And chiropractic, with just one treatment, doubled my stamina.  OK, big whoop, from 5 minutes to 10 minutes a day, but double is impressive no matter what the base number is.  Nothing that the MDs were prescribing accomplished anything like that.

"

And chiropractic, with just one treatment, doubled my stamina.  OK, big whoop, from 5 minutes to 10 minutes a day, but double is impressive no matter what the base number is.  Nothing that the MDs were prescribing accomplished anything like that."

doubling stamina is a huge change… just imagine if a marathon runner got to double stamina.  Its a huge thing for us.

Chiropractor helped me heaps too, he got rid of one of my symptoms for a couple of mths with just one treatment.  I need now thou to go back to him.

I’d be lost without my natural therapies, they have helped my CFS some where I have found no pharmacuticals have helped, all those have done is given me bad reactions.

HAVE YOU TRIED ‘PROVIGIL’?

ITS 50/50 SOME GET ENERGY HELP, THE OTHERS GET THE JITTERS AND STOP.

JUST A THOUGHT. I TOO HAVE SEVERE CFS, WAS GIVEN PROVIGIL, BUT GAVE ME THE JITTERS AND I HATE THAT. I KNOW A FEW PEOPLE THAT HELPED THEM 100%

I was on Provigil for awhile–it definitely helped me stay awake and
be more clear-headed when I needed to work, but I stopped taking it
after a couple of months b/c it made me too alert and awake and even
when I needed to and wanted to sleep, I couldn’t settle down…

Laurie

On 5/23/07, louie007 cfs-cpt2178@lists.careplace.com wrote:

hi.what i’m going to say will probably go by the wayside ,but I’ll try any
way. I’m not a big vitamin freak or any thing ,but there are certain
vitamins that realy do help you, I’m sure of that . Anyway the B vitamins
are great for energy conversion and also green tea good for energy, grab a
vitamin manual somewhere and read up on ‘energy’ producing products and I do
not mean coffee!haha! good luck, connie

On 5/23/07, louie007 cfs-cpt2178@lists.careplace.com wrote: