Todays the day - RA and DD

Ben,

I don’t think it makes any difference. These things start as fat cells, and you’ll have the same number of them whether you gain or lose weight. Unfortunately, they may grow bigger regardless of your weight.

Hugs and spoons,
Pamela

I have some that are deep in my leg. Yesterday I had the worst pain on the inside of my left thigh. I rubbed there and felt no lipoma. Later when it hurt again I really rubbed it and pushed and there is a TEENY WEENIE, itty bitty lipoma there deep in the fat. It is maybe the size of a raison cut in half!

I wonder if weight gain makes the deep ones even deeper… then it would be hard to find them and even harder for a surgeon to remove them.

Hi Suri,

I sure being heavy does make the lipomas deeper and harder to get to. I had a heck of a time with the ones taken from my thigh because the surgeon had to go so deep.

Hugs,
Pamela

Hi, I think losing weight is the hardest thing because the writings on DD say that most patients will gain half their weight so there has to be a reason why we do and then can’t lose it. It is here to stay, the little fat globules must be the extra weight and believe my fight with the weight is frustrating, I lose 4 lbs. gain 7 and it gets harder with every try., I eat good foods, grains, veggies, fish etc. and still no loss so I’m with all of you on the Drs. attitudes on weight loss, they can go to heck for their bed side manners or lack thereof. I’m so sorry any of us have to put up with these so-called Drs. I’ve been thru my share and now have a sweet-heart Dr. She is kind, listens and gives extra hugs to me each time I see her. Well, my friends my thoughts as always are with you. hugs to all, Bev

Hi Cathy
Sorry of Your expierience…
But I think that You should send the doctor a letter or mail
(and make a copy for Your self)
There is over 200 rheumatological diseases and
DD is not so usual.
Doctors know that overweight is bad and when they cannot say anything else they began to speak of it.
It is wrong and hurtfull.

Look at dercum society site, there is a text how to prepare to
doctors app.
There is also info among other things that weight gain is DD related and almost impossible to lose and that our fat is different .(why it is difficult to lose)

Take copy of the information text and tell the i…dr how You feel.

Many times the doctors do not know that they have done this, but is time for them to learn!
Arieldiva

Great advice Arieldiva! Europeans speak up more than we do here. The doctors have had the “old boy union” for too long here. They usually don’t even want to tell you what they are thinking or about your disease. They think they already know everything as we as “just fat, neurotic” women who should bow down to their judgment. Of course we also have some wonderful doctors who do truly want to help people, like Dr. H. Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

most dotor have email don’t they or do you think they would pay more attention to mail. I live in Texas and I have thought about this. We need to do something because when i take the information in they don’t want to even look at it

love joy

Thank you all for the messages of support it means so much to know that their are so many kind warm hearted people out there who care gentle hugs to you all.

I am in the UK so I am going to have to go back to my own GP and ask him if he can refer me to another rheumatologist or at least some one with some knowledge of DD…so this could be a long process and i am debating with myself whether i should go private and pay to see someone who knows about this… how did the other members here in the UK go about finding a DR who has some knowledge ? Ill keep you all informed of my progress :slight_smile: hope everyone’s day is good and hopefully not too much pain

Gentle hugs
Cathy

cath

i am from the uk and i was diagnosed my a dermartologist after a biopsy, but after that he discharged with reasoning that there was no cure and he could not keep cutting them out my gp believes the diagnoses and controls the pain well and even revered me back to the derm consult only to be seen by another 1 who said the same and refused to remove the large ones because of position. I have been seen by a ruematologist who knew nothing about dercums and diagnosed chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia which is the diagnosis all other drs will use when they see me then tell me if i lost weight i would have more energy E.T.C well that’s the medical proffesion for you

hugs and wishes all from HELENA