Having another child

Just putting this out there… I have a 2 year old with Long segment HD and am now 6months pregnant with a boy… when my daughter was in the hospital having her surgery we were told that there is a higher chance of any other kids that we have also having hd… especially if it’s a boy. Does anyone know what the percentage is? Our family dr isn’t too sure and i’m strating to get nervous.

Hi there i have three children two boys and a girl my third child a boy is the only on with HD, Also i was pregnant last year and lost the baby to complications but he did not have HD. I hope this goes some way to reassure you that your baby may well be absolutely fine, good luck mel x

----- Original Message ----
To: mel_lou78@yahoo.co.uk
Sent: Saturday, 5 April, 2008 2:58:24 PM
Subject: [hirschsprungs] Having another child

If you go to the John Hopkins website it breaks down the percentages. My son was also born with LSHD and I don’t really pay attention to the percentages because to me a 10% chance and a 60% chance both mean that their is a chance my next child could have it, you know. I am very nervous as well, but still would like to have another child.

Is this pregnancy being monitored closer b/c your first child has HD? The reason I am asking is because my son’s HD was detected in my 32 week ultrasound. He had a dilated bowel. Keep me posted and congratulations on the pregnancy!!!

I don’t know the %, but it’s something I have worried about for years. I am due in a few weeks and have felt more at ease and less worried about it. My 2 children have different fathers so I think that’s why I have not been a wreck. From looking around this board and such it looks like most families only have one child w/ HD.

Next I get to woory about when my son (17 yr old now) has children, will they have HD. although he is still young and children are hopefully still many years to come, I would say in at least 10 yrs I’ll be worring about a grandchild w/ HD. He would be 27 yrs old and that’s a great time to start a family.

The worry does not end w/ just the children, but continues to the grandchildren.

Hi Everyone!

When I found out I was pregnant with my second son who has HD, I had just found out that my first son was autistic.? I have been thinking about having another child, but I worry to, not only about the HD but also about the Autism.? Sooooo, who knows!? I’ve often heard the phrase that God only gives you what you can handle, but sometimes I wish he wouldn’t trust me so much!? Just a thought I guess…

Sarah

-----Original Message-----
From: sweetmonkey hirschsprungs-cpt8421@lists.careplace.com
To: i800uwlsh@aol.com
Sent: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 3:17 pm
Subject: Re: [hirschsprungs] Having another child

I don’t want to scare you with our case because there are WAY more families
with only 1 HD child but I have 1 healthy girl and 2 boys with HD. You can
find some helpful info on the John Hopkins website. I’ll try to find it for
you. Try not to worry though and enjoy your pregnancy! What will be, will
be and you have the advantage of knowing what to look for. Best wishes to
you and your family:0).
Michelle S
----- Original Message -----
To: jstilwel@columbus.rr.com
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2008 9:58 AM
Subject: [hirschsprungs] Having another child

well… it looks like my 2nd born has HD too, I have always heard that it’s more comman to NOT have multi child w/ HD, but it looks like I am going to be one of those cases w/ two child w/ HD ( I only have the 2)

I wish you the best of luck!