Symptoms worsened?

I just wanted to know if anyone who has had achalasia for a long period of time like me has noticed a worsening of their symptoms over time of if they have remained the same since being dignosed.

Hi,

My husband have various symptoms of Achalasia like swallowing difficulties, weight lost, chest pain because food got stuck and frequently had to regurgitate to relieve the pain and spasm. It started about 5 years ago and it was becoming worse as he had difficulties even with liquid.

Later I include coconut oil (organic, cold pressed) into his diet after reading about what coconut oil can do. His condition has improve greatly. Though he is not fully recovered at least he is able to swallow his food down and avoid food that made his condition worse like spicy food.

I am not a doctor, so do some research on your own and decide if you want to include this in your diet as not all can tolerate coconut oil.

I wish you all the best.

Mrs Chin.

Hi, I was diagnosed with Achalasia in 2007; had a laproscopic myotomy in 2008 and now almost back to normal. Occassional spasms if I eat greasy food or gassy drinks; need to drink water if eating bread or rice to wash down…otherwise things are very normal…good luck