19 weeks pregnant with DWV

Hi Everyone, it has been very inspiring reading everyone’s experience, as well as scary. My husband and I just found out this week that there was a problem with our baby girl. We are faced with a lot of decisions and are overwhelmed at this time. Our baby girl has a partial vermis and hydrocephalus. Everything else in her brain looks fine and everything else with her is measuring appropriately. The Doctor is calling it a DWV for now, but I just had an amnio yesterday to rule out any genetic anomoly. Because I am early, he wants to wait a couple weeks to do an MRI. I feel like I have a great Doctor and is very factual and not pushing me to termination, but reminding me that he has seen cases of DWV and they are ‘normal’. What am I going to do? Just wait for all the results to come in so I can make an informed decision. I feel like I have good medical support. I am hoping to find a case like mine so that I know what to sort of expect if I decide to have this baby girl.

Sarina2008, I don’t know where you stand in your faith, but I am a Christian and believe that God always has a plan.It;s hard not understanding why things happen as they do, we’re facing a possibly handicapped daughter now and I’m terrified. But I trust Him and we know He won’t give us more than we can handle. He gives special children to special parent’s. I’ve been reading several stories from other people in the last month as I’ve been trying to research Dandy Walker since we found out. The stories are so varied and different from one another. Most of the cases I’ve read were basically given death sentences from doctors and the children aren’t as bad off as were thought. Yes, they do have various problems and handicaps, but have also overcome many hurdles and are an absolute joy to their families. Trust in God and please don’t give up on your child! Peace and blessings!

I am just 20 weeks pregnant with a little girl diagnosed with “severe” DW, 4 severe heart abnormalities, and one physical abnormality. Termination was suggested by two doctors AND some of my extended family. While it isn’t even an option for me, I can understand all of your questions and fears!! To face losing a baby that you already love is almost too much to bear. One thing to keep in mind as you do your research - many diagnosis have been wrong! Don’t give up yet.

You might find some useful information from a website a friend gave me - www.prenatalpartnersforlife.com. It may help add a little perspective. I will pray for you as I am praying for me and our little baby.