Achondroplastic Dwarfism Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Achondroplastic Dwarfism. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

Parent of a teenage son with Achon. Interested in hearing and sharing parental experiences - Currently interested in any good/bad experiences acquiring employment and further education

I would like to know other LP’s. I myself am a little person. I hope to make friends here.

Hi I have 2 friends who are achondroplastic dwarfs and I am just looking for friends all over the world…

Hi, I am from South America and a mother of 2, a 6 years old Achon boy and a 1 year old AH girl. I am here for any one who can need me and also expect to learn from all of you and have your support if I need it. Bye

50 male achon with quadriplegia from numerous back sugeries.

my daughter was born with it.

Hi, my name is Malin. I am living in Norway and I have a son who is 20 months old and who was born with Achondroplasia. I want to share experences with other parents or people with this condition and make my son get such a normal life as possible.

Malin

kia ora koutou my names aroha , i live in New Zealand. Im 18 years old and i hav a type of dwarfism

I am an achon dwarf myself.

Hello, my girlfriend has achondroplastic and we do our internet stuff togerther

Hi!

I’m a 31yr female living in Delaware with Achondroplasia.

I thought I’d join this group to check it out and see what it’s all about. If you are in my area feel free to send me a private message.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

MILA

My son has Prader willi Syndrome. He is short in stature and overweight due to his condition. I was hoping to find resources in clothing for him.

Hi

I’m Jo, I live in Perth West Australia. I have Achonroplasia and am older than 21 by quite a few years now, and am happy to help answer any questions from parents of short stature children.
I hope to get to know a few of you here.

cheers
Jo

Hi Everyone…

When I was young I asked my mother, why do people stare at me, why do they laugh, why do they nudge at each other when i pass by…Am i different than others. She used to say…You are Special! As I was growing older i began to realize that i was slow in growth, my limbs were short…This time I realized the truth, so I asked my mom why am I different than others, her answer was ‘God took his own time for you and created you in a special mould.’

I still believe those words!

I would like to meet people with the same condition and share experiences…trust me I have loads to tell…

Hello everyone! I am 28 years old and live in Tennessee. I am currently 22 weeks pregnant and my unborn daughter has been diagnosed with Achondroplasia. I am due June 28, 2008. I am here looking to meet others who have had children with Achondroplasia or those who live with Achondroplasia. I am slowly learning more and more and always looking to improve my knowledge.

Hi Rhonda!

My name is Tonya and I am mom to three. My youngest has Achondroplasia. I would like to invite you to my blog http://blogsmonroe.com/disability for information about achondroplasia, pregnancy and what to look for!!

Tonya

hi my name is margaret im 25 with 3 beautiful girls (so far) and my second has achondroplasia!! She is now 3 yrs old and i remember the feeling when we first found out… both my husband and i were extatic…lol… at the time i saw her as an opportunity to have a “baby” forever…lol… though she has grown soo much and now i see that it is not to be so…hehe well i came on here to chat to other mums and people who have achon themselves! i hope to say hello to you all… i will chat again aoon!