Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia

Does anyone have a child being treated for this or has already gone through this treatment successfully? My daughter is 3 1/2 years old and about 1 year into treatment and I’m looking for support.

My 12 mth old was just diagnosed with ALL at the begining of June. Wow it’s amazing how fast everything has happened and we’ve been thrown into the workd of Leukemia and Chemo… I’d love to chat more…
How’s your daughter doing? Is she in maintenance therapy now?
~Nicole
: )

-----Original Message-----
To: nmm2112@aol.com
Sent: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 12:36 pm
Subject: [all] Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia

I’m looking for adults that have been through ALL treatment. My 38 year old husband is going through treatment and would like to hear from other people who have been where he is now.

hello Nicole, my daughter is doing well now she is in complete remission and is continuing her studies now. We have been through that stage and has gone through a long period of chemotherapy and a period of adjustments yet with patience, strength and prayers… everything will just be fine.My prayers is with you and your family.

----- Original Message ----
To: godiefortunato@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 11:33:44 PM
Subject: Re: [all] Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia

Aloha,

Although I am in “Remission”, my doctor have me going through the PHASE IV, DELAYED INTENSIFICATION PROTOCOL. It’s pretty extreme, but I’ve handled it very well thus far. It’s a 46 day regiment of chemo and out patient care. Next week, I’ll be finishing up this phase and then it’s purely outpatient with oral medications.

Currently, I am taking 400 MG of GLEEVEC. This medication is one of, if not the newest drugs that is currently available. I’ve heard from my Oncologist that there is a newer one that is out and on the market. I’m not sure what the name of that one drug is, but you can ask you Oncologist about it.

As for me, the GLEEVEC is Helping Me Very Much. I am also taking, Diflucan, Valtrex, Protonix, Metforim (type2 diabetes), and a multiple vitamin with an Iron Supplement. During my chemo treatment, I have to take Prednisone (Steroids) to offset some kind of reaction. Thus far, I’ve been “Blessed” without having any side or ill effects during my treatments.

I have mentioned before in my profile about the importance of maintaining a “positive” attitude. I’ve also mentioned about faith in GOD, stay strong, Keep Your Spirits HIGH, and turning it over to him. Through Him, all things are possible. The reason or reasons that I say this to you is, I live alone here in Tennessee. My family lives on the West Coast and Hawaii. I have gone through ALL of My Chemotherapy BY MYSELF. But my faith in GOD and my positive attitude has carried me throughout these procedures.

It’s not easy to see a love one go through the chemo. It’s not easy to see a love one become weak and exhausted because of low blood and platelet counts. But you’ve got to tell yourself that, it’s going to be OK and you will be healed. Then, focus on the good/positive side of life and start to enjoy it. It’ll be OK … You’ll See!!!

I hope that this helps you out with some sorts of information. Please feel free to contact me if you require anymore information.

Take care & Aloha,

Kimokawika