Acute Myelogenous Leukemia Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Acute Myelogenous Leukemia. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

I lost my mother to this horrible disease and I would like to help in any way I can.

hi there, i work with the careplace team. i think careplace is awesome. i hope it will really help people to share, support eachother and learn. we can all use support and understanding and it is so important for all of us who have experienced difficulties to have a safe and informative forum in which to do so. thanks for visiting - it is really rewarding for all of us to see people reaching out to eachother - it is what careplace is all about.

Life is about health, family and friends, but sometimes its hard to keep focus on what is most important

I am a single parent of three wonderful angels. I have a daughter, seen in my photograph, and two unique and wonderful boys. My two sons were both born with an extremely rare genetic disorder known as “X-Linked Alpha Thalassemia Mental Retardation Syndrome” Both boys are have sever developmental delays. Both are non-verbal and communicate with limited signs. They love to laugh and are easily entertained by the small things in life.

Founder of the TransGlobal Health Community Center at http://transglobalhealth.com

I live in the northeast and suffer from seasonal depression. I basically hibernate from november until april. Besides moving, I’d really like to talk to people about how they’ve conquered their depression. I’m a really cynical person and depression has got me beat :confused:

I have been a caregiver for over 5 years for a spouse with AML. A year ago he had a stem cell transplant. I would like to learn about people who have had stem cell transplants and their experiences.

JazyJo, I am on my 3rd stem cell transplant, for multiple myeloma. I had an autologous transplant 2/2005, and was in remission for a year. Then more chemo and another autologous transplant 11/2006, and then an allogeneic transplant 3/2007. I’m doing well! It was scary going into, though. Feel free to send me a message with specific questions.
Gary

I have a very good friend who is fighting this battle

HI, I am themom to a 14 yr old son who had AML at the age of 13months. He goes to st judes in Memphis once a yr. for his ckups.

My husband’s condition has just been changed from cml to aml

I have AML and I am currently experiencing a relapse. I have to have a BMT after the birth of the baby I am pregnant with. I would like to get support and advice from others in my situation.

Mom’s boyfriend was diagnosed 5/07 with AML M0. Looking for support, inspiration, and information on the whole treatment and beyond process!

Hi! My name is Jan. My cousin’s husband was diagnosed Fri. He is in very critical condition and hasn’t been able to start chemo. He has pneumonia and they gave him massive doses of steroids before they knew he had the pneumonia.We don’t know what kind of AML he has yet. They did a bonemarrow test but we haven’t gotten a confirmed diagnosis other than AML. What lies ahead for him? Is there anything they can do since they are delaying chemo? Thanks, Jan

I was diagnosed in August '06. It has been the roughest year of my life, but I AM STILL HERE! I have two children and my first grandchild is on the way. I would like to meet other mothers that are in my shoes and find out how they have dealt with all of this.

Hi my name is Sherry, I am a three year survivor. I was in remission since my first round of chemo, but I still can not get out of my mind that at any minute my Dr. is going to say your cancer is back you need to go back to the hospital. does anyone else feel that way?

Just found out that my boyfriend was dx with aml. I i feel lost and confused and want to see how other people deal with this and how they progress and things to expect.

I was diagnosed 3 years ago Thursday July 5. I had routine bloodwork for a c-section and they found out I had AML. I was rushd to Boston, delivered my son on the 6 and I was transfered to Oncology on the 7th. I went through intense chemo and had a stem cell transplant on Oct. 20.

A close relative was recently diagnosed with AML. She is still in the hospital.

I have a girlfriend who is fighting this condition. Her name is Gina, 29 years old and the mother of 4 children ages 10 -2. I am very interested in a Holistic approach for fighting this. This is not to exclude chemotheropy though. Thanks Soulpeace