ADD and ODD

My son was just diagnose with ADD and ODD he is going to star to take medication for the ADD, but they are not going to treat the ODD because the Doctor said it is very common for a boy with ADD to present symptoms of ODD, Would you know if the medication for ADD would take away or minimize the symptoms of ODD?

I am away from my desk right now. I will check my email as soon as I return and get back with you as soon as possible. Thanks.

While some medications help with ADD and even to some extent ODD, behavioral techniques are very important in managing these disorders. Your child may be eligable for services in your home, the school, or the community. There are Wrap-Around Services and your local County Mental Health center can help you find out more about them. As far as the medication in particular that your son has been prescribed, the best person to ask is the psychiatrist who prescribed it. Always go to the source for your information on medication because unless a person is a doctor or psychiatrist, or perhaps a pharmacy they aren’t qualified to answer your questions.