Advice please!

When I was diagnosed with crohn’s disease a short while ago I was also diagnosed with depresion and anxiety.( written in the doctor’s reports.) This was in maine. I went home becuase I got extreemly ill and could’nt work. after all of the testing, diagnosis, ect. I was put on medication there for my crohn’s and once I got enough energy back I came back to mass. I missed my last follow-up with my doc in maine. I got a new p.c. here and a new gi doc. They have both read the report from my doc in maine, but nothing has been said of the later two diagnosises. Presently, I feel good. upbeat motivated and looking at life with a renewed sence of being. I do at times get a bit sad over some ongoing stuff with my daughter. But why wouldn’t I? Should I be concerned about these issues? I am not interested at all in taking any kind of a medication that is a Narcotic. I am a recovering alcoholic and would like to keep it that way. But I don’t want anything over-looked.
I would apreciate any and all feedback on this topic. Thanks!
Peace~
Dave~

Thank you for the reply Suewho! I Don’t look at life negatively. Although I have had lots of struggles with my situations in life I have alwase loved this earth and being on it. I don’t expext life to be all funa nd games and I have never heard anywhere that it was going to be a walk in the park so to say. I’m a survivor and I think that I have a good outlook. Careplace and all the people here have been a tremendous help. Thanks again for your advice!
Peace~
Dave~

Invictus… I personally think that meds are often over prescribed, when all the person needed was someone to discuss their problem with and to counsel them.

I suggest counseling before meds. Feeling down cause of finding out one had crohns, I’d say would be quite normal. Dealing with pain and discomfort isnt a happy, nice thing, if someone was feeling happy about that… well then I’d say they needed meds! lol.

“Presently, I feel good. upbeat motivated and looking at life with a renewed sence of being”

If you are feeling like that, I wouldnt even bother bringing it up to the doctor. You cant be depressed if you are feeling like that.

If you anxiety is slight… you could try something like meditation or just bringing some more relaxing things into your life eg a nice walk on the beach etc

Invictus - I hope your diagnoses were situational, because that is one of the best things to hope for! Sorry that you are suffering with Crohn’# - I do not know a great deal about it, other than it is debillitating and extremely painful, and I wish I could wipe it off the face of the planet.

Medications I would beg you to stay away from (should you ever need help with anxiet# or depressio#) would be benzodiazapines… my Mom was beyond addicted to Xanax and it destroyed parts of her life completely before she passed away two years ago.

So proud of you for being a recovering alcoholic who is committed to health and well-being. That is FANTASTIC!

Please take care, sending great thoughts and positive healing through this post! :slight_smile: