Advice wanted for potential spousal abuse

I have concerns for a friend at work who was beaten by her husband. She has young children. She is scared and doesn’t know what to do. I would like to hear everyones opinion. I would like to go to work Monday and be able to give her some good advice.

contact the womans shelter in her area.tell her not to fall for him saying he’ll never do it again.

The best advice you can give her is BeeJays and to tell her is not ok to stay Knowone deserves to be hit and there are good shelters out there that will help her get a place of her own and help with supporting the kids she don’t need him and she need to know that she is better than that. hope that helps…

Steve, it breaks my heart to read your post.

Men who abuse frequently end up “accidentally” killing their mates… accidentally is their term, not mine.

Men who batter most frequently (nearly always) continue to get more and more violent and controlling.

I have YET in my life or in my career to see a man (or battering woman) STOP abusing and become a good and decent mate. They only stop the violence long enough to draw their terrified mate back into their sick web of control, lies, and violence.

Please tell her she MUST LEAVE… she MUST SEEK HELP. SHE DOES NOT HAVE TO DO THIS ON HER OWN.

If she stays, the children will eventually be beaten also. And the children will learn that women deserve to be beaten and men are women-beaters.

SHE MUST GET OUT.

Tell her to CONFIDENTIALLY (without the batterer’s knowledge or influence) seek help to get out - be it to a battered women’s shelter or a family member’s house or whatever.

SHE NEEDS TO LEAVE.

THIS WILL NOT GET BETTER.

HER CHILDREN (AND HERSELF) ARE DIRECTLY IN HARM’S WAY AS LONG AS SHE STAYS.

IT IS NOT HER FAULT, BUT SHE MUST GET OUT AND NEVER LOOK BACK EVER.