Alcohol and anxiety

I typically get hit with my anxiety attacks the day after drinking alcohol. I’ve been told that this is because alcohol is a depressant and will affect the intensity or onset of the attack. I hadn’t had more than 1 drink for the past year, but do find it difficult to resist drinking socially with friends. Does anyone else experience this? Have you too had to cut drinking alcohol completely from your life?

THANKS to any comments.

SoHum

Hi Wags, I am 29 years old and have had to cut drinking from my life. I have not had a drink in maybe…5-6 years! I use to LOVE to go out and have a drink with friends, oh how I miss those days.But for me it is not worth the after effect of the panic and anxiety that follows. But I find that when I go out I no longer even have the urge to have a drink…a sip now and then is just fine, but anything more then that makes me VERY nervous of what could happen. I hope some day I will be able to enjoy a nice gin and tonic, but till then I will be happy with my sip and knowing I can always be the driver:) Pot has the same effect but is there more quickly incase anyone is wondering about that:)

hi this olivia,…same here i do that drinking alcohol when i drink to much then i have a hang over thaT’s when this occurs my attacks so i guess drinking to much that’s what is does to me…