Anencephaly decision

Has anyone decided to induce early? Seems like every story I come upon, the baby was carried full-term- I really need to talk to someone who has chosen the other path because we’re about to do it this week- this is so horrible- I feel like a zombie and a wreck the other times- the worst is the constant reminder when he keeps kicking and moving inside of me, having no idea he can’t survive outside of my body for a long duration :frowning:

We found the bad news on 5/19. We went thru the process of termination Monday 5/23 thru 5/25. This is our sad story:

"We went to the doctor office(for ultra sound) on 5/19 thinking that we know some thing about downsyndrome, but bad time started on that day. Doctor given a bad news and he mentioned there is no hope. Even she given birth for the baby. He suggested to take different options with our docotor on Monday. You know the condition of my wife when she hears that. she totally depressed and she is not position to eat or drink any thing. Whole Saturday and Sunday there is not life in my house. She regulary see her stomach and cry's load. In between on Internet we browsed as much as details regarding the NTD and some mind setted that we're not going to get this baby even she carry her for nine months.
     We went to doctor office on monday 5/21 and found out the options either carry or terminate. Since it only 12 weeks and considering her health, we came took decision of terminating the pergency. We told to both our parents in India and explained them the situation they also agreed on that. so she admitted in hospital on same day Monday and it took 36 hours process, she delivered our angel () on Wednesday early morning 1 AM. we came back to home on 5/23.
   We don't know if it a bad decision or good decision. Right now we're comforting ourselves saying that good decision and god helped  by two points  (1) find out this with in 12 weeks otherwise it should be find in 5th month and that time it will be very difficult to terminate/carry grownup baby and (2) arranging the special appointment on Saturday (usually that ultrasound doctor office will be closed on that day) 

Thank you

Hello,
I am new to this site so I am not sure if I am too late to help you out any. My husband and I recieved the diagnosis around late Feb/early March of this year. I went in for induction on 2/28/08 and FINALLY delivered her around 8pm on 3/31/08. When I went into the hospital, I had no idea what to expect as this was my first pregnancy. Everything that could go wrong did, but I have been told that it was just an unusual delivery. I could not get my arms around the idea of feeling her move again knowing her outcome. Induction was, I felt, my only option. If you have already gone through labor, I want you to know, it does get better with a little time. Not one thing about this is easy. I’m glad to have found this site. My thoughts go out to you.

I am also new to this site and just wanted to let you know that things do get better. My husband and I induced labor and I delivered my baby exactly one month ago on June 5. I was thrilled that I was able to hold my daughter, Madison and spend time with her until she peacefully passed away. Little things still touch my heart and make me cry and most days are better than others, but remember that you made this decision out of love for your child who will always be a part of your life.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my message. I am cataloging
all of my responses for my sister and her husband so that maybe they
will not feel so alone. This was my sister’s first pregnancy as well,
and she is having some difficulty because it is hard for her not to
blame herself for her son’s death. Thank you again. My prayers are
with you and your family as you heal from such a great loss.

----- Original Message -----
Date: Friday, July 4, 2008 2:05 am
Subject: Re: [anencephaly] Anencephaly decision
To: cglockne@kent.edu

I am new to this site and I just induced labor July 17. I am a wreck. I was 24 weeks and I thouht I thought of everything t come to peace with the situation my baby Ella was given. I had a photographer, had mine and my husbands family there after delivery, I had prints done of her hands and toes. I held up well during the csection and I got an hour with my baby girl. My family got to say goodbye and give her hugs and kisses after she took the last breath in my arms because I was told she would only live a few minutes because of her age. I stayed in the hospital for 6 days and had her funeral last friday. Her death didn’t really hit me until theu laid her in the ground. I lost it and I haven’t gotten it together since then. I keep telling myself she didn’t suffer and she is in a better place now. I try to look to God and think the best but I’m still so angry that my baby didn’t get a chance. I have so many questions but all I can do is hold on to faith and let that take me through this horrible time. I have been told time will get me through this and I’m sure you have been told the same. It doesn’t help now but I know it’s true. I hope you are well and you are in my prayers. It helps to know there are others out there going through the same thing but it hurts me to know that other families are faced with this tragedy. I hope my faith is true and all our little babies are in heaven playing together and they all know how much their mommies love them.

I want to thank you all so much for replying and hearing your stories- I’d love to hear from you again, especially the ones who were near my delivery date of this past July 5th to hear where you are at in the grief process and how you’re dealing with it all. I’ve found my coping mechanism is keeping busy and repressing, although the grief takes over unpredictablly at weird times- moreso irritability w/ people, their shallow conversations etc- this has just changed me and I hate it, yet there are good things from it too, I know… I don’t know how to email people individually w/ this… if you could take the time to let me know how and also how you are dealing too, I’d love it- no one understands those “moments” that come up like you all could… looking fwd to hearing from you! -Kel