Animals and Bipolar

Hello Friends and people of like mind,
Something strange I have been noticing. Has anyone noticed this too? We all love animals? Does having a pet make you feel ok? I know in my experience just holding an animal can calm my iratic thoughts. What do you all think?

definatly right my two dogs a pomerainon and a terrier type dog called chucky and fran both rescue dogs can bring me out of a low mood .i can cuddle them and they look at me although they know what i’m thinking.
i talk to them alot(and answer for them in different voices) no i’m not mad doing that but i do feel a bit daft if my dogs and i are ‘talking’ to each other when out for walks and someone suddenly appears lol.
i can tell them how i’m feeling and know they won’t judge me.

I agree. Having two cats definately helps me deal with my Bipolar. Sometimes I think they can tell when I’m sick with my Bipolar. They sit close to me and purr or lay down with me when I lay down to rest. Plus I think it’s important to have someone to care for and love back. My Bug and Merle bring me a sense of appreciation for life when I may not be feeling it at the time. I do love my kitties very much.
Mrsny

I am a firm believer in pets bringing your spirits up. My daughter has 2 cats, my son has 1, and I have 1 cat and to dogs :).That’s a total of 6 :). It’s hard for me to get to depressed with all these animals around needing to be taken care of…yes I take care of all of them, but when I need it they take care of me. The cats follow me everywhere because I’am the only one home. Try taing a nap with 4 cats scattered on the bed…sometimes I have to sleep sideways on the bed. The dogs just make me laugh. people tell me I am crazy to have so many animals and I just ask them “how did you know”? There always there fro me when i need it or my daughter who is also bipolar.