Anixety and Work doesn't mix

That’s what I learned tonight. I’m a hostess at a new restaurant and I had to learn a totally new seating cart for the night time and I wasn’t fermilar with it cause I usually only work mornings. It was so bad cause I didn’t understand it and comprehend how to do it. I have a learning disability cause I learn at a slower rate then other people. So it got really busy tonight and I didn’t know how to seat them and I was uncomfertable then I started shaking and panicking and I was almost on the verge of crying cause I just couldn’t take it anymore. I was serisouly having a aniexty attack in public. I just dont know what to do cause I have to work but I dont want to go through that again and to have to put myself through it again. I have to work tomorrow night and it’s a saturday night so it’s going to be busy. I dont know if I should call in sick or just tough it out. I’m just really stressed out and emotionally drained that I dont know what to do.

I’ll pray that God will calm you…let you know that it is OK to learn
slowly…and come over you with peace that only He can provide…and that He will
fill you with the knowledge that He is in control, and therefore…it will be
OK…no need to worry about what others think…all that matters is what God
thinks, and He is not upset with you because you learn things slower than
others. I will pray that you will slow down and trust God…and that you will
eventually come to believe in yourself enough to eliminate your fear of
another attack.
This is how I have learned to live with them…and I am getting better!
Blessings on you.

************************************** See what’s free at http://www.aol.com.

hi

Gus anxiety-cpt3606@lists.careplace.com wrote:

anixety can be fixed !!! been thru it and done it.

Gus anxiety-cpt3606@lists.careplace.com wrote:

Jenny,

No matter who your are…anxiety or no anxiety probs, learning something new is stressful. I’m sure they don’t expect you to understand it overnight.

I’ve been managing a large,busy convenience store for 5 years. Sometimes I have to tell myself to chill when things get hectic. I’ve hostessed before at a golf club. You can only seat one group at a time. We tend to stress out when we see the line growing. Be your own best friend & go in with a …I’m gonna conquer this thing no matter what attitude. This seems to help me :slight_smile:

We recently got a new computer system at work. I’ve had to learn the new system…my brain would want to shut down when someone would explain something to me. I keep telling my brain to “Shut Up…I’m busy right now” with the bad thoughts. I simply told the owner of the store yesterday…I am a visual learner. I have to do something 6 times before I completely understand it.

I understand how you feel. Your not alone :slight_smile:

I’ll be thinking of you- Jenn aka MomLM

thank you so much for all your nice replies. I’m the same way I have to do it like 10 times before I can get the hang of it. But yesterday I had to do the seating cart again and I actually did a lot better with it then friday. I was able to understand more and get the hang of it more. Plus we weren’t as busy as we were on Friday night. I think that’s what got me the most, I’m not use to the big dinner rush and I have soical anixety so being around a lot of people set me over the edge but I have hope it’s going to get better cause I’m starting to get the hang of it. Slowly but surely. lol