Anxiety is the Crohns patients worst enemy

My solution? MUSIC!! Good music.Soulful and calming.
“I’ve been living simply for many years without giving it much thought”. As it turns out, I don’t have much of a plan. At first this was a concern, but screw it, i’m perfectly happy with this non-plan as I cannot foresee , what situations may arise. My non-plan allows me to be open to whatever does come along that i feel the will and energy to devote time to. My primary reasons for choosing to live simply are health, environment, money and personal relationships.Time is the only asset with which we are born.
Once said that it’s not the things of this world that hurt us but what we think about them. We must control our thoughts.
I’ve decided to keep my eyes on something I want: Peace. And how do I get it?

Well, what I’ve noticed is that it is in the details. In the nearly private, and certainly mundane encounters that I have with individuals every day - I can choose peace. Or I can choose to get huffy, be offended, get cranky and spout off at someone.
Anxiety is like a catheter inserted in the soul.
I’ve said , let me get on better terms with anxiety. That is exactly what i’ve tried to do to keep it from sucking my soul out of my body.
But I’ve made this decision about peace, right?
So when I’m standing in line at the Post Office and they are moving at a snail’s pace with only one window open during Christmas I can either get pissed off, make sarcastic (but very clever) comments to those around me, or I can choose peace. I can close my eyes and breathe. I can focus on a child. I can imagine all the happy faces of people recieving the packages. I can say a silent prayer for the folks who work at the Post Office, and be grateful that it isn’t me.
When I’m stuck in traffic by the mall entrances I can holler at the idiots who pull out without looking and nearly sideswipe my car. Or I can focus on watching “Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown” as a kid, and how this was my favorite. I can be grateful that I’m in a comfortable car, with heat, and not scurrying around.I’m finding that if I choose peace, in these encounters and in my own thoughts about my life and my fears, that I can actually live in this place. For periods of time I can actually have peace on earth - at least in my little corner of the world.
Every day I choose not only how I will live, but if I will live.I’ve certainly snapped at people and otherwise affected the people around me because I was anxious. I can choose to see crohns and anxiety and anxiousness as nothing more than a death sentence, or I can choose to see it as an invitation – an opportunity to learn who I truly am.If I am on better terms with anxiety I’ll have less pain.
As far as spirituality is concerned, I don’t spend hours each day meditating or praying. I live my life as I am here to do. I deal with changes and difficulties as they arise and I learn. I don’t claim to have the whole truth, nor do I seek it out. I’ll have the answers soon enough. Until then, I’ll leave well enough alone.
Jade

WOW… words for you are just “Awesome” I sat here and read your story…about you trying to find out what your problem was when you first became ill, how you didnt give up…ect. I cried at some points and smiled at some points of your story. I think your a great inspiration and will be to many people. Stay well. God Bless.

My angel (jade) is so amazinn :~) So glad she my friend…Awwhh

a rose. it is the sweetest smelling flower to me. I think they are so pretty. You are the best friend I’ve never met. thanks for all the smiles you bring me. I wish I could draw a road that brings me to you. I would never leave.

Katie

Katie… you little plum @----->----)>-------

I feel like a kid in a candy store who is seeing exciting new treats for the first time. I’ll always share with my girls , there are many curious things to be discovered and ponder and there are many doors to open that wouldn’t appear if we lived with normal cicumstances.
To often we loose sight of life’s simple pleasures , remember when someone annoys you , it takes 42 muscles in the face to frown , but it only takes 4 muscles to extend you’re arm and smack the asshole. Today remember that i dig you … , all of you girls.
")~
xx Jadee~

Cindy, I was looking through the archieves on this forum and I saw you had asked what Crohn’s Disease is … 'I apologize for not replying back when you had asked the Q" …
I’ll share with you now…

Crohn’s disease is an inflammatory condition that affects the digestive tract - including the mouth, esophagus, stomach, small and large intestine. It can affect any portion of the digestive tract, but is most common in the ileum, the lowest portion of the small intestine, where it connects with the large intestine.

The disease is characterized by active periods, known as flare-ups, followed by periods of remission, during which symptoms diminish or disappear altogether.

Its cause is not known.

Crohn’s disease may cause diarrhea, abdominal pain, and fever. Loss of appetite and weight loss also may accompany the disease. An individual’s symptoms may range from mild to severe.
Treatments for Crohn’s disease include a variety of medications, dietary adjustments, and, when necessary, surgery. In addition, patients are often encouraged to incorporate stress-reduction techniques into their daily activities.

Crohn’s disease shares some symptoms with another inflammatory condition: ulcerative colitis. The two diseases are often grouped under the heading “inflammatory bowel disease.” It is important to understand, however, that the two conditions are different.

Ulcerative colitis affects only the mucosal membrane, or inner lining, of the GI wall and is limited to the colon.

Crohn’s disease affects the full thickness of the GI wall and can occur anywhere in the gastrointestinal tract, from the mouth to the anus.

Patient’s … can “Suffer” frequent bouts of active disease. For many people, flare-ups can be brought under control by a combination of IV medication. For some, a period of complete bowel rest (during which they are nourished with fluids delivered intravenously) is necessary.

More than half of all people who live with Crohn’s disease will need to have surgery at some point to treat the disease. Surgical treatments include:

Correction of a fistula (an inappropriate opening through the intestinal wall) or fissure

Draining of an abscess (a pocket of infection on the bowel wall or outside the bowel wall near a portion of diseased bowel tissue)

Opening of a stricture (narrowing) or obstruction of the bowel

Removal (resection) of a segment of diseased tissue.

How Does CD Affect the Digestive System?
Crohn’s disease is characterized by chronic inflammation in one or multiple areas of the gastrointestinal tract. Inflammation is the body’s response to an abnormal physical, chemical, or biological stimulation, such as injury or infection. Complex reactions in the affected area produce heat, redness, swelling, and pain as the body works to heal an injury or destroy an infection.

In both Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, evidence suggests that either the body’s inflammatory response is triggered when it shouldn’t be, or it is triggered appropriately but fails to turn itself off after it has completed its job.

The difference in being sick and being healthy is having to make choices or to consciously think about things when the rest of the world doesn’t have to. The healthy have the luxury of a life without choices, a gift most people take for granted.
Most people start the day with unlimited amount of possibilities, and energy to do whatever they desire, especially young people. For the most part, they do not need to worry about the effects of their actions. Since most people who get sick feel a “loss” of a life they once knew.
In this case Crohn’s, being in control.

Jade

Cindy, I was looking through the archieves on this forum and I saw you had asked what Crohn’s Disease is … 'I apologize for not replying back when you had asked the Q" …
I’ll share with you now…

Crohn’s disease is an inflammatory condition that affects the digestive tract - including the mouth, esophagus, stomach, small and large intestine. It can affect any portion of the digestive tract, but is most common in the ileum, the lowest portion of the small intestine, where it connects with the large intestine.

The disease is characterized by active periods, known as flare-ups, followed by periods of remission, during which symptoms diminish or disappear altogether.

Its cause is not known.

Crohn’s disease may cause diarrhea, abdominal pain, and fever. Loss of appetite and weight loss also may accompany the disease. An individual’s symptoms may range from mild to severe.
Treatments for Crohn’s disease include a variety of medications, dietary adjustments, and, when necessary, surgery. In addition, patients are often encouraged to incorporate stress-reduction techniques into their daily activities.

Crohn’s disease shares some symptoms with another inflammatory condition: ulcerative colitis. The two diseases are often grouped under the heading “inflammatory bowel disease.” It is important to understand, however, that the two conditions are different.

Ulcerative colitis affects only the mucosal membrane, or inner lining, of the GI wall and is limited to the colon.

Crohn’s disease affects the full thickness of the GI wall and can occur anywhere in the gastrointestinal tract, from the mouth to the anus.

Patient’s … can “Suffer” frequent bouts of active disease. For many people, flare-ups can be brought under control by a combination of IV medication. For some, a period of complete bowel rest (during which they are nourished with fluids delivered intravenously) is necessary.

More than half of all people who live with Crohn’s disease will need to have surgery at some point to treat the disease. Surgical treatments include:

Correction of a fistula (an inappropriate opening through the intestinal wall) or fissure

Draining of an abscess (a pocket of infection on the bowel wall or outside the bowel wall near a portion of diseased bowel tissue)

Crohn’s disease is characterized by chronic inflammation in one or multiple areas of the gastrointestinal tract. Inflammation is the body’s response to an abnormal physical, chemical, or biological stimulation, such as injury or infection. Complex reactions in the affected area produce heat, redness, swelling, and pain as the body works to heal an injury or destroy an infection.

In both Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, evidence suggests that either the body’s inflammatory response is triggered when it shouldn’t be, or it is triggered appropriately but fails to turn itself off after it has completed its job.

The difference in being sick and being healthy is having to make choices or to consciously think about things when the rest of the world doesn’t have to. The healthy have the luxury of a life without choices, a gift most people take for granted.
Most people start the day with unlimited amount of possibilities, and energy to do whatever they desire, especially young people. For the most part, they do not need to worry about the effects of their actions. Since most people who get sick feel a “loss” of a life they once knew.

Jade

I won’t. I’m taking a big step…I’m going to FL to see hubby. VERY afraid…but I will survive. I may get embarresed(sp?), but oh freaking well. I’ve been through a lot worse right? Thanks, Jade. I needed that.

Katie

Jade~
Odd that you picked a daisey, that was always the flowers I gave to my mom. In my wedding bouquet I had 2 daiseys put in to it, one for Mom and one for me.
The whole daisey idea gave me goose bumps. Thank you for letting me know that I still have feelings, tears flowing down my cheeks.You are so precious to me and alwasy will be. I love you by butterfly~

I’ll share with you now…

Its cause is not known.

Jade