Anyone else with lipedema?

My feet have been swollen since Friday…Im afraid they are permanently swollen now…Please give me some hints to ease the pain until I get to the Dr…Thanks

Elaine, do you have some ace (elastic) bandages around? I have that problem too and it helps a bunch to wrap my feet and ankles before I go to bed every night, where I keep my feet propped up. The swelling is usually down by morning. Of course, they puff back up as the day goes on, but it does provide a lot of relief.
Hugs and spoons,
pamela

Oh, sorry Elaine, I didn’t see the question in time. Yes, I have Lipedema too, and wrapping really works.

Pamela

I have lipedema and lymphedema. I have nodules that are pushing on my lymphatic system and causing swelling in my knee. This is a new symptom for me. I have been in such a bad flare, I don’t think that there is too much that hasn’t been effected.

I know what you mean…I cant tell what is worse the swollen legs and feet(very painful ) and the DD (also very painful)…I had such horrid pain in my feet and lower legs that I cried…I can barely walk…I put on very tight shoes and socks so the swelling went down some…If I get that bad again I am going to the emergency room…No Dr wanted to see me today (oh one did buut he wanted $300- $600)…I just dont have that…The Drs are one pf the few making money off the insurance companies that are going broke…We really as a country have our priorities messed up…

My feet and ankles get swollen every day but I dont have any pain. It mostly happens when I sit correctly in a chair, as my job entails me to sit, my ankles are constantly swollen. I havent noticed any pain. However, I do often have a problem with the gristle situated in the heel part of the foot, I have had ultra sound treatment on that part on several occasions, last time they said i may have to have an injection, i think this scared my foot into not having pain ever again…:slight_smile:

I have had a number of injections in my feet but it did no lasting good not even a few days. My feet and ankles swell every day. Some days more than others. My swelling also hurts. The compression stockings even the biggest size just kill me and I have to rip them off after a short time. My doctor says to keep my feet up as water runs downhill. Sure, we can all just sit around with our feet up forever! I do lie down and prop them up on several pillows when I can. Your feet should be swelling less if your weather is colder…not more. Cut out salt. I am going to a new foot and ankle diabetic doctor Friday. I had to stop my PT as my feet just hurt too bad to walk. Good luck and try to take it easy. Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

I have cut out salt …Actually I don’t like salt and stopped using it except to cook and I use sea salt rather than regular salt (less sodium)and my feet used to go down when I sat with them up for a while…But they stopped doing that.I have wrapped them up now with a tight ace bandage …I just don’t think my new Dr gives a hoot…So, I will treat it myself…I had breathing problems (rattle in my chest) so I think the fluids are in my chest too now…I just don’t know why Drs have to be such know it alls and wont or don’t hear you when you talk to them…I know they know a lot more than I do but they for sure don’t know everything…

COPD is a rare disease but since there are so many with it its becoming well known now…The Dr I called was an Endocrinologist…Where are the Drs with a heart who will try to hep patients out???Are there any more?? Did they lose compassion in Med school??

I’m late to this discussion (been offline a lot this week)
I am glad so many had input. I wouldn’t be able to add anything. I think I may have this condition but am at the very beginning stages. I have always had an odd body shape (larger on the bottom). I always switch the matching clothes sets because I am larger on the bottom. I am seeing this progress more. I gained 10 pounds last week! I still look thin from the bottom of my rib cage up, but below that I am gaining and gaining. and the fat is not normal fat, it is hard fat. Oh well, guess I have to wait and see if i get worse. I hope God gives me a few more months to deal with DD first! (pweety pweese!)

Suri,
I am the opposite from you my top is bigger than my bottom, maybe we should buy the same set of clothes and switch!!hahah…
My back is really broad. I am getting wide all the time. My arms aren’t fitting in my shirts anymore. I need all new bras too. I shop at resale stores and that saves me a lot on tops, but I always have a tough time with bottoms. I am short and I do not sew. Pants are always hard for me to find. I am pretty picky. Of course I can’t stand anything tight on me. And I am gettin bigger all the time. I always need something bigger everytime I turn around. At least I won’t have to buy work clothes any more. I have been wearing scrubs for years. I will continue to wear the tops because they are compfy but most of the bottoms are getting a bit too snug.

Hugs,
Brennie

Brennie,

if you write me privately with your sizes, I might have some clothes for you. (If you are smaller hipped than me, that is) I am extremely bottom heavy (lipedema), so I have pants I have outgrown plus some tops that fit everywhere except across my hips. Let me know.

Hugs,
Pamela

YEP!

With the diabetes and all the insulin I take I keep getting bigger every day even though I eat little. I don’t understand. My blood sugar was 97 when I woke up. I had two pieces of toast and some coffee and took an insulin shot and my Metformin. Six hours later it was 151. When it gets down to 100 I feel really bad. Some studies showed that women like me who are old and have had diabetes for a long time have heart attacks and die if they keep your blood sugar within the normal range. If I do eat like a normal meal it goes up to over 300 so it will be bad Thursday as I am going to eat dinner…just not pie or rolls. I am really a blimp now and my apron hangs down in a very unattractive way. I give up on finding any clothes. I was never in to clothes much anyway even when I was skinny. I caught a glimpse of myself riding my scooter with my belly hanging down in a clothing store and it made me sad. Hugs, Grandma Sylvai

Oh Grandma Sylvia.
I understand exactly how that feels. I talked to my derm today about it. I asked him how much it would cost to remove the ones on my hips. He told me 4000.00. If I had it, I would definately have it done. I hate them. They hang over the sides. It is literally inches that are added to my sides. I wish so much they weren’t there.
Sweetheart, I am with you. Don’t be sad, I think think that our souls have journeyed really far and been through much. I feel that we are so nice because we finally get it. We understand love without prejudice or fear. We are just full now. At least that is the way I would like to think. It makes me happier if I look at it that way.
Keep a smile on. It uses less muscles, which causes less pain.
I love you,
Christine

That’s what I think too, Christine. I loved the way you put it!

Hugs,
Pamela

I would have to agree too ladies…

Love to all,
Brennie