Anyone in the Seattle area?

I’m in Olympia, which is about an hour or so south of Seattle

I’m in Portland - not too far south from Olympia.

I live in Everett and I work in Seattle. I’ve lived in this area my whole life. :slight_smile:

I’m glad to hear that I have two mommy’s in the area that know what I’m going through. My hubby is military, so we just moved to this area about 2 wks ago.

Actually, I’m in the process of getting a new ped. surgeon for Joshua. I know that the Seattle Children’s Hosp. is ranked in the top 10 in the nation. Gutheriemom, who does your baby see? What can you tell me about your Dr.?

Joshua had his pull-thru 2 mo’s ago and is doing very well. The only thing that I noticed, is by about week 5 post-op Joshua developed these loud bowel sounds. It doesn’t seem to cause him pain, but I wanted to get that checked out ASAP since I’ve given it plenty of time to go away and it hasn’t. Hope to hear from you two soon.

Geremy

Our surgeon at Children’s is Dr. Waldhausen. He’s really great. We still follow up with him every three months and then if there are any issues. Actually I think we’re down to every 6 months now. And he also checked out my older daughter because I thought she might have Ultra Short Seg. HD. We had a 1 stage transanal pull through when Alasdair was 10 days old, he’s now 16 months old, and we have had zero issues. No constipation, no diarrhea, no enterocolitis (knock on wood!).

I am so thankful that we have Children’s Hospital near us. It’s a wonderful place for the kids and for the rest of the family!!

Oh, and I remember Alasdair having a REALLY loud tummy too, for a long time. It was just his digestion process. For some reason it just did that. It would actually wake me up at night when he was still in the co-sleeper!! :slight_smile: Anyway, check out Dr. W. He’s great!!

awe yes the tummy grumbling. Post op Tyler’s tummy sometimes dounded like boiling water it was really strange. We don’t have it very often anymore.

Janel
mom to:
Isabella(13), & Tyler(5) Hirschsprung’s Disease (dx 1/08,pull-thru 5/08, ostomy closure 6/08), daily bag & cath enemas for bowel managment(9/08)

So I finally got Joshua in for a check-up w/our new ped. surgeon at Madigan Hosp. The rumbling in his belly wasn’t too concerning to him b/c there were no other symptons.

However, the cause can be from a partial blockage from scar tissue in the part of the intestine where his stoma had been. Also, another thing possibly causing this rumbling is the fact that b/c his rectum wasn’t removed, as some doctors do remove the rectum, that part is still diseased, or no ganglion nerves present. Therefore, when stool has to push through that area, the healthy intestine has to work harder. Go figure :slight_smile: