Autoimmune Hepatitis Member Introductions

I’m being treated with 6-Mercap

I live in the northeast and suffer from seasonal depression. I basically hibernate from november until april. Besides moving, I’d really like to talk to people about how they’ve conquered their depression. I’m a really cynical person and depression has got me beat :confused:

Hi, my 24 yr old son has autoimmune hepatitis and several other autoimmune diseases. I would like to hear stories and feedback from other AIH patients, as well as support.

I have had AIH since Nov. 2001. Handle it better each year. Stay on meds and see Drs. and keep on keepin’ on!

I have Chronic Autoimmune Hepatitis but Imuran is currently keeping it stable. I am 24 years old and am a teacher of the Deaf in Australia

I am a dental hygienist who lives in Michigan, and the mother of 3 great daughters. I have had ACH for the past 15 years and I am doing well.

female, 39 years, Bucharest, Romania

I have AIH, and just enjoy talking to others and learning from them at these groups. I am a member of other AIH groups as well. Also, I am planning a conference for AIH in Chicago june 6-8, 2008. I hope to encourage people on this site to come and learn more about our disease and connect in person with the people they have been talking to at these groups! we’re very excited about this!!

Hi! I was diagnosed with AIH in August 2006. I was taken off all medicines and told “whatever you do, don’t get pregnant”. On Dec 1st, I found out I was 10 weeks pregnant. My immune system backed off and I delivered a healthy boy in July 2007. My lfts are at about 60 where they hit 4000 in Aug 2006. I am taking prednisone 20mg and Mercaptipurine (MP6) 12.5mg daily. Imuran makes me ill so MP6 is my option. I am tired of gaining weight and feeling tires and aching joints. Joined here because when I was diagnosed, I could find no support!

Hi there eeka, I’m sorry to hear that you found no support here. Don’t give up on this site hon. Sometimes it takes a bit of time to get connected with someone. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t freely express how your days are going, your thought and feelings in regards to dealing with life in general. You see sometimes the " situation" may not be the same, but our daily struggles have so much in common. We can be supportive in alot of ways even if our illnesses ( I like to call them situations ) aren’t the same. Caring and concern does not soly rely on specifics. And there are alot of people here full of care and concern for all. Just start with saying a howdy do and go visit the folks here , and I believe your original thoughts about getting support here will change, I have no doubt !!!

Hi! Sorry, I guess i phrased that wrong. I meant that I joined here now, because at the time i was diagnosed, there was no place like this to get support. I’m pleased that there is something like this out there. I am about to go get some new TMPT genetic testing to try to see if I can up my dose of MP6 so that I can get off the prednisone as it is causing me weight gain and joint pain. I was so happy to find a place where people actually know what all these drugs are and do! Thanks for the response!