Autoimmune Hepatitis Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Autoimmune Hepatitis. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

I was recently diagnoised with Autoimmune hepatitis. I am having a hard time understanding my condition and the reactions to the medication versus the condition itself.
I would like to connect with anyone who has any thouhgts or experience dealing with this.

I have autoimmune hepatitis, and I’m always looking for more information.

I’m Paula and I have had autoimmune hepatitis (at least a diagnosis) since 2001. I like to hear others share their stories of diagnosis, treatment and coping.

Hello, I was diagnosed with AIH May 2004 and am currently in remmission. thanks you for letting me join. Debra

I was diagnosed with AIH 5 years ago and am currently doing well. While I relied on the AIH support group for encouragement and information at first, I now have trouble finding time to follow. Maybe this new site will encourage me to encourage others!

My daughter Caitlin was diagnosed with AIH/PSC overlap at age 14. Interested in any and all info regarding this disease.

I am the mother of a 26 year old male with Autoimmune Hepatitis. I would be interested in connecting with other mothers in similar situation.

I was diagnosed 2 years ago, still learning…thank you

My name is Bronwyn and my daughter Emily, aged 7 was diagnosed with AIH last August 2006. I would like to have contact with the parents of other children diagnosed with this disease and am also interested in setting up a support group in Australia, as there is nothing down under.

My name’s Cheryl. I’m 47 and was dx with AIH in 2003.

I have been living with AIH for three years now, doing pretty well but want to stay up to date with what is going on.

I have AIH and cirrhosis…I’d like to connect with other people that also have AIH

My name is Lynn & I live in VA. I was diagnosed with AIH in June 2003. I am currently in chemical remission on prednisone & Imuran. Would like to know more about how this disease is contracted, what other people afflicted have done to help themselves, other conditions they have in conjunction with AIH & auto immune diseases.

Hi I have cirrohsis & AIH, I have all kinds of questions, all the time. right now it is with treatment of prednisone. I’m going out of my mind. But right now I just wanted to introduce myself

I am interested in this condition because i have it. I am not on any meds at all and i am interested in finding out whats going to happen to me and how long its going to take for me to die from it.

Sept. '04 I was dig. with AIH with a very high enzyme level. On Prednison only, down to 5.5 daily but still very fatigued. I have alot of aches and pains and want to know if this is just normal. I am getting better month by month but hate the style of living I have to live. My energy level is very low and I get on a pitty-pot on occation. I just want my life to be back to nornal. Is that possible?

My girlfriend has Autoimmune Hepatitis

Hello to all. I am writing because I just found out that my LFT’s are triple the high normal value and am worried that I may have AIH. I also suffer from Hosimoto’s thyroiditis which, according to my last labs, is in the normal range for now. I am afraid that my Dr. isn’t being agressive enough in trying to find out what’s wrong with me. I am a very new nurse that takes care of patients nearly everyday with slightly elevated LFT’s and the Dr.'s are running a very long list of tests on them to find out what’s wrong and I am worried I am being overlooked. How bad are my LFT’s really? My ALT was 96 (normal 17-63). My AST 153 (normal 15-41) and my LDH was 313 (normal 99-192). What are these values compared to your own? How agressive should I be in getting an answer? Thanks in advance for all your help. Hope to hear from you all soon.

Very curious- suspect a family member has it