Avoidance

Hello everyone. I know i have not been on here much. I had taken a trip to visit some family and sad to say that when i got home i avoided coming into this community. Reasons i am not going to share here only to a few choice people that i know a little better. But i think that i need to really talk to someone about why i have avoided coming on here and posting. It is really eating me up inside and i have some tremendous guilt. I could really use some advice on things. But right now i am feeling a great sense of loss. someone i really was talking to just quit talking to me and never gave me a reason why. I was talking to this person about everything and asking for advice and in turn they would do the same.And now this person in avoiding me much like i was avoiding this place.So my go to person no longer is and that makes me feel a great sense of loss because i thought we were really close friends. I guess there is no real question here just some rambling on and the need to get some things out. Right now i feel like i have no real person to talk to and get advice from. No go to guy to just get things out.I feel like i have to start all over from square one again.  This just plain ol sucks.

Maybe your ‘go-to guy’ is a bit of a commitment phob, sometimes I get scared of people if I think they are relying on me. I worry that I might let someone down, the pressure builds up and I just want to run. Who knows eh? The human mind is a strange thing. Hope your not blaming yourself though as the chances are the issue is with the other person. I have not come here for a while either, I guess because I am trying to deny my problem, just don’t want to think about it for a bit. Sorry this is such a late reply but wanted you to know that your being heard. Be good to yourself.

you know what i have to say? well? do ya? first thing i have to ask ya, is this person your sponsor? i will leave everything else alone until i hear that answer

NO this person is not my sponser. He was a good friend well at least i thought so. And then poof no more talking from him. He was someone from this site that i got to know pretty well. Again at least i thought i knew him pretty well.

well, if it isn’t your sponsor… then forget about it… and if it is another drunk, expect things like this… as well as, you are in early sobriety… and something my sponsor hammered into me from when i first got him, is women stick to women, and men to men… and who knows, he might be distancing himself because he has a lot of shit on his plate right now.
but the only person that you should really rely on is your sponsor. Fellowship is nice, but fellowship will not keep you sober.

You are absolutly right James. I guess i was more upset at the fact that this person would not talk to me anymore then i was about the actual “friendship”. Thanks James.

wot r u going on about i dont sponser any1 dont no where u got that from karkie

jimmysquirrel alcoholism-cpt2722@lists.careplace.com wrote:

Hi. Thanks for your message. Things have become quite hectic and I may not be able to read my mail as often as I’d like. I hope to be back soon.

Chuck

karkie… umm… what?

karkie… umm… what?