Beckers Nevus Member Introductions

My 14 year old daughter has Beckers Nevus. She has an extremely bad case that involves non development of the tissues under the nevus which in her case means that she will not develop a left breast. We are waiting for her to fully develop on the right side and then she will undergo plastic surgery to give her a left breast. I have been on the yahoo site for about 8 months but haven’t read of anyone with similar issues with their nevus.

damn im from philippines and i thought im just the only one that have this. 

My 12 year daughter was just diagnosed with becker’s nevus, although she has had the birthmark since birth, but over the years at has increased in size, now she has it on her shoulder and upper back. I would like to know more about research that has been done in females, as it affects males alot more.

I as diagnosed with becker’s around the age of 12. I am now 24, and it has since grown and spread from my upper, right arm across part of my back. It’s darker and pretty hairy. A local physician once told me that it was eczema. Ha! What a strike out! Anyway, I’ve since gotten some spotty assessments from local doctors who seem neither interested or knowledgeable. I am comfortable with my bn, and just want to share and learn.

live in India and Doctor has suggested that he will remove it a laser treatment. I would like to know how effective and safe the procedure is. I would also be interested to know if it can be cured without a laser treatment. I also want to know which is the best place to get the treatment done in India. Have been advised of Medlite C6 laser in the Lilawati Hospital

My son has Becker’s nevus and would like to know if there is anyone who has this condition and if they have had laser hair removal.

i’m a teen havin beckers nevus

I have an 18 year old son with SGBS, and I am always interested in learning more about it and sharing what I have learned over the years.

I have a large beckers nevus mark around my chest and am looking for a support group. I have tried several methods and seen several doctors and everyone has told me that I have to live with it. In this day and age, I don’t take no as an answer! I want to find the remedy to make my skin look better.

Hi, I’ve had a Beckers Nevus on my right arm since age 10. I’m 34 now and about 10 years ago I had it treated with a yag laser.

My nevus is about the size of my entire right arm. I had it treated five times. Initially, the arm crusted and new skin appeared and the nevus seemed to go away, but with time the nevus came back. My arm is still dark although there are patches of normal skin. Also, some parts of the area seemed to lose all pigmentation. It became white.

I talked to laser skin surgeon in nyc and he said that there is nothing to be done about my bn. He is the top in his field. However, I’ve been reading on the net that there have been successful cases. I’ve also talked to another doctor about hair removal and he said that nevuses don’t respond well to laser hair removal. I’m thinking about going to another doctor and having it treated again. I know that there will be risks such as discoloring and scaring. But I figure if its the same laser they use to treat tatoo removal, how bad could it be?

Has anyone had successful treatment on their BN in this forum? I’m trying to go out of US to get it treated to save money. My advice to all of you out there is to get it treated as quickly as possible, because it’s easier to treat it when it first has formed then later in life. I will keep everyone posted of my progress.

hi, my name is Or and i am from Israel. i have a becker’s nevus above my right breast in size 15 on 13. it began in the age 12 - 13 but with the time it becomes darker. now i am 16 years old and before 6 monthes hair began to grow on it. i went to a doctor and i understood that the hair is normal, also the doctor made me a laser on the beckers nevus but he doesn’t think it gonna help. what do you offer to do with this beckers nevus?

i have the same problem of the comunity Bekers Nevus
and iam looking for the solution and pesons in same situation beacause it become very hard to support

Watch a program last night where a patient consulted his doctor regarding a hairy patch on his back similar to one that i have and the doctor diagnosed Beckers Nevus - at last i know what it is called. Internet search brought me to this site. Hello all. Stuart.

My son has a nevus and I am looking to find information.

Hello. I would like to learn more on possible treatments. Hear about other’s experiences.

anyone know of any good makeup for beckers nevus or any possible surgical options?

Id like to find the best way to remove a BN, no matter cost or risks. Id like to connect with people that have had a BN removed and/or are in that process.

I’m interested in this condition because I’ve had this condition since I was 15 years old. I’m looking into getting laser surgery to reduce the dark pigmentation it has caused. I would like to know if anyone has undergone laser surgery and if they are happy with the results.

I want to know if there is a treatment, and i want to know everything about it. I have it since years but i found out what it is recently…

I have a Becker’s nevus and is interested in news on this topic.