Beckers nevus on women

They say that Beckers nevus appears usually on men. I’m a 22 year old girl and live with it since I was 9. I’m a young girl passing the best years of my life, the years where we are supposed to be pretty with this horrible thing on me! I feel so embarrased! I wouldn’t want me if I was a guy. Every year especially summer I feel terrible. I would do anything to get rid of it!
Tell me that I can hope for a treatment before I become a granny! If I ever get married…

Help!

Hi there,
I feel your anxiety. I have had a big whopping Becker’s Naevus since 13 years of age too. I have never been ever able to talk to anyone about it openly. My parents know as they have taken me to several doctors to try and treat it, but it is not kind of talked about now. They also dismiss the fact that somebody will not like you because of the fact that you have a big Becker’s Naevus. However they do constantly remind me that I should be getting married and constantly ask why I haven’t met anyone nice yet. Sad but true. It is weird really. You would have thought they would have figured out why, or maybe it is that your parents love you regardless and cannot see why anyone else would?
Well as a single male of 29 years old. Successful career and financially stable (didn’t blow all my money on girls obviously!). People think I’m a workaholic, but all I want to do is settle down with a nice girl who accepts me for who I am and live happily ever after. I don’t hope to answer any questions, but I will try and offer some comfort!

I will be out of the office from September 19th until October 29th and will NOT be checking my e-mail during that time.

If you need to contact my office, please e-mail my assistant, Cory Gund, at tiahwconvey@shaw.ca or call the office at (250) 390-7681 (or call toll free to 1-888-390-5582).

Thank you.

My boyfriend has Becker’s and it really isn’t a big deal. Hang in there and you’ll find the right girl. It hasn’t been an issue with my guy and it never crossed my mind to even care. If you’re self conscious about it, then she’ll sense that, so don’t make it a big deal to you and she’ll do the same… Hang in there!

I will be out of the office November 8th to November 12th inclusive and will not be checking my messages while I am away.

I KNOW I just returned from vacation - I am away on course in Vancouver for a few days…really!

If you need to reach my office while I am away, please contact my assistance, Cory Gund, at (250) 390-7681 or tiahwconvey@shaw.ca

Thank you.

Thanks for the encouraging messages and for going out with a guy with a Beckers Nevus.

How did you find out about your boyfriends Beckers Nevus? Did he tell you about it first before you saw it, or did you just find out as the relationship progressed until he couldn’t hide it anymore?

I know you said not to make a big deal of it, but if you have read any of the other posts on this forum there is quite alot of people with a BN who want to get rid of it because it is a big deal to them. I think it is a big deal because BN are usually first discovered during teenage years when everything is a big deal, so it kind of stuck. Maybe future generations with access to the internet will not be as affected psychologically as they will have this forum to talk with other people. When I was a teenager, I got dismissed by every doctor who just said live with it. Not very helpful for a young teenager.

Anyway. Ultimately, your kind posts will provide a glimmer of hope for us single men out there still on the look out for a wonderful girl who will not mind. The search continues!

Yes…Ball

I completely agree what you said…
I think the main point is that BN is on your body where it is always hid.
You are in normal mindset in regular life,but it is difficult to adapt the feel when your friend finally see it…even they may think it is not a big problem but you can not to break away from self-conscious,so I always have a thought that my bn is grown on my body where is not hidden ie.arm.May make me less confusion.

Anyway,it is warm and fragrant to see you words,Ball.