Being alone

I live alone and have no one I can call and talk to. I don’t have my own computer, so I can’t get on line when I need to connect with a group. Does any one have advise about fighting lonliness?

Establishing a relationship with God helps.

************************************** See what’s free at http://www.aol.com.

i think that you can be lonley and be around people. i don’t know what to say to you other than maybe to reach out in your community and try to make friends. you can have tons of friends here on careplace.

It might help a little bit to schedule regular visits to the library or somewhere else that you can get online.  That way you have something to look forward to. 

Consider signing up for some classes related to a hobby or special interest to you.  Have you thought about doing some volunteer work? 

There are a lot of lonely people in the world.  I think it would help for them to talk to each other once in awhile.

I think lonely people are often depressed.  This causes low motivation and energy, which makes it difficult for them to consider how much reaching out to others can do to relieve depression and loneliness.

I signed up for Yoga/meditation instruction at a local Kriya Temple. The people there are very understanding, and I am learning how to center myself. At least they understand why I cry and let me get it out of my system rather than getting upset themselves.
Thank you for all your replies. I’m trying to understand and relate to a personal and universal god.