Bipolar 1, Anxiety, PTSD

I am off most of my meds due to change of doctor. I can not get in to see them for almost a month and I will not have meds. I can already feel a difference and hate to think what I am going to feel like when I have NOTHING to take. I am already having some depression and mania. Can’t sleep, no appetite, brain will not stop. HELP!

I’ve been in your place, and it’s not very good. I would try taking Melatonin 3-6 mg. for sleep. It might help, and probably for a few nights, but the doc doesn’t like us using this, because you have to keep increasing your dose every 6 months or so. For the moods, try Omega-3 (fish oil) 3000 units. My doc has put me on these even with my meds. OH! For depression, 3000 units of vitamin D also. It does help. I also have SAD (seasonal affective disorder)so depression is always close by, but I’m doing pretty good now, because it’s warm out. Oh! also for not sleeping, try a hot cup of milk at night. I know it sounds crazy but it can work in a pinch. Of course, nothing is going to work if you don’t want it to. But I can’t imagine any one not wanting it to. lol Good luck!