Bipolar Disorder and GAD

I am a 53-year-old married woman. I regularly see a psychiatrist for both disorders.  Sometimes when I have a manic attack, it is because I have been pushed, and pushed by someone and my mania turns into irritability.  I don’t care if everyone tells me that the person deserved it, I spent a year taking a Dialectical Behavioral Technique class learning to be wiseminded. When I loose it completely with someone I fee like a total failure!  Then I end up in bed chastizing myself for my actions.  I am not depressed at the time, just manic.  But I DO HATE the DEPRESSION!  Does anyone know of any particular combo of meds for these disorders that are  supposed to be better than others?  I am at a loss.  I see my doctor on the 29th and I am fed up!  Is this how you guys talk here?  This is how I am truly feeling right now and I feel lost!

Talk anyway you feel like we are fairly open here. We are very open to people venting their frustrations. This a great place for you to learn what others do. I don’t really have any ideas for med combos but you are welcome to vent my way anytime.

I can relate to you, Jeanie.  I’m in my late 40’s and have bipolar II and GAD.  My manic turns into irritibility then to depression.  I’ve been a whole lot better since I have been on a med mix of Lamictal, Prozac, Wellbutrin XL and sleeps meds (Rozerem or Ambien).  I’m also a sufferer of insomnia! Are you on anything now?  You can post here or send me a private post.  Be well.