Bipolar Ruining My Life

I need to get my life and bipolar condition under control! Really, I do… I’m on medication but it seems to not be working; at least as well as I want it too. So everyday life is hard, some days are harder than others. Like tonight, my girlfriend wanted me to spend the night at her house; I just could not bring myself to get together and do it. I have accepted I have it but wish that I didn’t, because it seems like it is destorying my life. It actually has already destoryed my social life. I’ve been dealing with my condition for five or so years now and nothing, really, has improved. Sometimes it all just seems hopeless! I don’t know what to do…

you have many things you are trying to deal with and i know you are finding it hard please do not despair we are all here to support you.
it is hard to give advise because help varies from country to country as i’ve found out as i’m in the uk.
i myself have only just been dignosed with bipolar and yes it is hard extremly hard to deal with sometimes .you need a strong support network around you if possible.how understanding is your g/f about your bipolar ?
when it gets so hard to deal with try telling your g/f sometimes even a cuddle can work wonders .
try talking to your doctor about how you feel .
i am so sorry i can’t offer much advice but if you ever need to chat feel free ok.

i did mean try and talk to your g/f about your bipolar not about the drink ok as i know what you put in your story about talking to her about drink.

Thanks snuggly!!! Any advice helps :slight_smile: especially right now. I do talk to her but I don’t think that she completely understands about the disease. Yet, she does support me about going to talk to my doctor, who didn’t believe me in the first place and diagnosed me with depression. It is hard, but I am trying to cope… hopefully life will give me a break one day where I can just get myself together. Thanks!!