Bp medications

so i'm starting this thread for

med issues

i am having more anx. attacks lately. i've started on carbomazapine  (tegretol) and sertraline (zoloft). anyone else have this prob?

I took Zoloft for several years and it seems to quit working for me.  As with a lot of anti-depressants, I had no sex drive.  I’m now on Prozac and Wellbutrin XL.  The Wellbutrin alone didn’t work for me.  I’m getting ready to just go with the Prozac, which has helped my depression a lot.  I no longer have crying spells and deep, deep depression - plus, I’m much easier to get along with!

I to was on zoloft for six years for deppression it stoped working i kept uppping the dose than i was self medicating with pot got paraniod ended up in the hospital for three weeks. they put me on wellbutrin tegrotol the teggrotol made me so tired i tried cutting back then i could not sleep i swapped wellbutrin for cymbalta to try to get more energy it has helped some so thats my med story

Thanks to ECT treatments I’m currently taking Lithium and Zoloft rather than the mix of five meds I was taking a few weeks ago. If all goes well on Thursday perhaps my psychiatrist will leave me with just the two meds for a while.

Zoloft was making me feel suicidal so my doc took me off of it.  Wellbutrin made angry/suicidal, Prozac made my eyes bug out and I couldn't hold onto anything.  Looking back zoloft helped to some degree but it didn't last.  What ever your doctor puts you on make sure you started out slowly and if your going off go off slowly as well.

I saw psychiatrist today and he decreased my Zoloft in half and kept my Lithium at 450mg until we get my lithium levels next week. And due to my typical bipolar symptoms he would like me to go back onto Geodon, but first he needs to get the results of my EKG's that I had while in the hospital.

How are you doing on your meds?

I am taking Seroquel, Geodon, and Topamax.  It seems to be working very well, although I still have trouble sleeping at times.  I was just dxed with hypothyroidism so I don’t know if this is affecting things or not.  But as far as the Bipolar , I feel very even tempered and calm. :slight_smile:

Pdoc put me on Trazedone this week to help my with non-sleeping problem so I took myself off the WellbutrinXL.  It seemed like when I started taking that one, I kept waking up more.  So far so good, he just doesn't know it yet.   I don't like taking all these meds but I know I must.

Nand, I used to take Seroquel and it really helped with the sleeping issue for a while, but my new pdoc didn't suggest that I stay on it because of side effects - mainly weight gain.  And I don't need that!  I've gained 5 lbs recently and it depresses me.

Nyteyes, I take Xanax for anxiety and/or panic attacks.  Have you tried that one? 

I was put on zoloft in 1999 before i was diagnosed with bipolar and it sent me into a major manic state so i am unable to take it at all.  I take sodium valproate (200) xanax for anxiety, and occasionally cyromil however the antidepressants generally cause insomnia for me so i can only take for short periods.  Commenced cypromil in jan and then 3 weeks into using it regularly was only sleeping 2-3 hours per night and zoloft also had the same effect on me so antidepressants dont really agree with me as i also become hypomanic on them.

Hope your all well? Im Changing meds again from an anxiety inducing Abilifly to a new Lamictal. Hopefully i'll finally settle? Was it easy to find the right one..has anyone? My partner thinks i should take a pill and get better i think and i just dont see that happening??? Does it?

I’m on Lamictal - since last Fall and it seems to really help.  Give a few months, and I hope you’ll see a big difference like me.  It helps with cycling for sure. 

I have been having a lot of anxiety attacks myself lately.  I am taking buspar for my anxiety.  It doesn’t seem to be helping.  I can’t seem to get put on the right medications.  Does anyone have that problem.  I have been through a couple of dozen of medications for my bipolar.  I am taking neurontin now along with risperdal for it.  I am also taking Geodon.  I take Cymbalta for my depression.  I feel like a pharmacy.  I stay out of it most of the time.  I was on Zoloft, but it just didn’t help.  It made me jittery and shaky.

Great news re lamactil hope it does help with my cycling … i should be an athlete!!! Lol. Mixed is another biggy for me…Guess ill see soon. Thanks for that though.