Brain tumor

I would like to know if someone with a tumor in there brain can get better. I was told that my mother might not get better. and it could get worse . what should I be prepared for .

Brain tumors are tricky, in my childs casr the tumor was the size of a plumb, surgery shrunk it to the size of a grape, chemotherapy (and all the side effects) stopped any further growth. She is going to have memory loss, and difficulty in math her weight gain is very concerning, but the tumor was non-cancerous and it would have been worse if it was undetected. The tumor may start to grow then chemo again. It is important to know all tumors are different.

Good luck

Shaun

-------------- Original message --------------

Hi,
Our apt was quit good today. Four of the brain tumors disappeared. One
of the bigger ones shrunk and the other bigger one is stabilized. I am
happy with Bill’s results from the temedor, chemotherapy that he is on. It is
the best possible results that he could have. I am going to try to find
some information on the stereotactic radiosurgery which he will be having when
the tumors start to change. If anyone has some info. I would like to know
about the procedure. Especially about the pre-surgery, the biopsy. It
sounds scary.
Liz

************************************** See what’s free at http://www.aol.com.

Hi Booboo4,

A person’s ability to survive brain cancer depends on a number of factors which include:
Type and grade of tumor
Amount of tumor the doctor was able to remove during surgery
How well the patient handled the surgery (i.e. post surgical deficits)
Patient’s overall health before the surgery
There may be additional factors that I have left out. This is what I remember from when my doctor explained it to me.

I was diagnosed with Glioblastoma Multiforme (grade IV glioma) in 2000. Originally I was given 2 to 12 months to live but I’m still here. I had a lot of the above factors working in my favor yet my prognosis was still pretty grim.
When treating cancer, obviously the hope is always for tumor shrinkage or at least stability. A tumor that continues to grow is a tumor that is not responding to the chemo. Also chemotherapy itself can make you sick. I don’t just mean sick to your stomach, but your blood counts drop making you very susceptible to infections and illnesses that you would normally be able to fight off.

I hope this makes sense to you and answers your question. If not, please feel free to email me for clarification.

I will pray for your mom.
~Teresa

Hi Teresa,
How are you doing now?

Patrice

Hi Patrice,
I’m doing fairly well. I had a minor setback in February when I was diagnose with leukemia. I am in remission now and will be getting a bone marrow transplant next week.
Take care,
~Teresa
----- Original Message -----
From: mibtpmailto:brain-tumors-cpt4485@lists.careplace.com
To: tnaseely@msn.commailto:tnaseely@msn.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 4:01 PM
Subject: Re: [brain-tumors] brain tumor