Breast cancer in young women

Hey

Thanks for all the great advise.  I will call the ACS this week.  I know there is a class in April at another location.  I just feel bad getting someone in trouble.  She was a nice lady, just not a good teacher.  And I know I am getting real close to the day that I am going to need that information.  I am practially counting the days til the hair is gone. 

Hey Suzie,

I spoke with ACS the other day and I told them about your problem.  She told me that they are all volunteers and she said some areas have not so good classes. She said if people tell them they don't know and can't train them better. Plus she said some of the hospitals run the program themselves.  I am now on the count down to being hairless too. Just think we won't have to shave!!!:) I hope after all of this my hair comes back even better than before! Take Care,

Monique

Hey,

I finally made an appointment at the hospital for a wig fitting.  They call your insurance and everything.  I have a consultation on April the 12th.  Next week.  Hopefully, they will have some good advice for me.  If I don't get what I need, I will call the ACS. 

Thats good, my insurance doesn't pay so I did go to a place ACS sent me and I went home with two and she sent me to a place that sold them at a cheaper price. I bought one there too. I know I probably won't end up wearing one but I just want to be prepared. I just had my 1st treatment yesterday. Feeling better today. Boy the meds they give you to take work well. I had an upset stomach this morning and took the Emend pill they gave me for after treatment and it worked really quick. Well my bald head count down is on but only 5 more treatments!!!YEH!! Out of all of the women there two wore hats, one older lady only had thinning hair, three had wigs and two of them you would never have guessed they were wigs, wow they looked soooo good. One lady I could tell it was a wig, I don't know why, it didn't look real. You should get a good one if insurance is helping. Keep me posted!!!

Take Care,

Monique 

Well, I found out that my insurance does not cover the cost of a wig.  And the one that most suited me was $1500.  Can you believe it.  It was real hair.  You can style it and everything.  They even costum color it to look like you own hair.  It is amazing.  I think I am going to do some price checking.  But if I can't find anything, I guess I will be spending that kind of money.  If it makes this easier for me, it is well worth it.  I still think it would be fun to have a red wig.  I always wonder what I would look like with red hair.  Not for $1500 though.  Maybe one of those $40 ones.  The expensive one looked good.  I thinking it might be nice not to have to do my hair in the morning anymore.  And a whole lot easier to style it off my head.  I still mean it when I say, let my biopsy be normal and I won't complain about my hair again.