Breast Cancer Member Introductions

Could anyone tell me about CMF chemotherapy as opposed to AC? I know a lot about both, and I’m facing one of them very soon. I have been taking Lupron injections along with a daily Arimidex pill. The tumor mass has decreased by 75 percent, but it’s not enough for the surgeon to take it out yet. I cannot seem to find enough convincing info online to sway my decision with either. I know that AC is the more lethal of the two - kind of like injecting gasoline into the system. I’m sure that CMF is no picnic either. Help.

I have just finished breastcancer treatment. I am 46 year old mother of four, living in Ireland

I have been a single parent to my children for 20 years. My son is 23, and my daughter is 21. They are the most important thing to me, besides my dog, Lucy.

metastatic breast cancer condition, currently on Arimidex and Zometa infusions; would like to find others with similiar condition

Five years ago I had many illnesses, taking loads of RX’s and then I found (was led) to natural medicine. Today, I only do natural meds and all of my illnesses have been cured. I am so lucky to be alive and well. I have awesome spiritual guides.

Cured my breast cancer, carpel tunnel, IBS, sinus infection,
tooth/ gum problems–you name it–I had it.

DX May 8th 06 finished all chemos and rads Dec4th 06. Now taking tamoxifen, Have trouble with it.

Would like to share my experiences with BC and hear from others how they are dealing with it.

Steph

I’m a freelance writer and journalist plus I’m a two time breast cancer survivor. I’ve an interest in all things breast cancer related because I’m the author over at The Breast Blog – but in general, survivors and their caregivers of of the utmost important to me in my life because of our shared experience.

I’m 47 year old mother of 2 sons. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in Dec 03. It came back in April 06. I have had a lumpectomy, mastectomy, 12 nodes removed, 8 rounds of chemo, 30 rounds of radiation. I also have nueropathy from the chemo. I am interested in helping other people going through some of the same things I’ve gone through. And I’m interested in learning how to deal with cancer and treatment side effects.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer one month ago and have had two surgeries. In about two week I am going to start chemo. I am 39 and have two older birth children but I have two very young children I have adopted. I would love to connect with someone who had a similar situation as me. I’m worried about not being able to take care of my young children.

I’m 34 years old and found my breast cancer in june. I have been through a whole lot since then…I want to not only share my experience for others to learn, but to learn from others. I have a “life time” ahead of me to deal with, and breast cancer will always be a part of it.

I am wanting to get to know people who have the same areas in my life, to meet friends and to have someone to talk to I want to learn more about some of these areas

I am 32 years old with stage III breast cancer in my right breast. I am 3 weeks out from having a mastectomy and reconstruction surgery. I only find out I had cancer 2 months ago. Before that I had never had any kind of surgery. I was very active. I worked full time. Ran an entire household. And stayed busy all the time. Now, I feel like my life is at a pause until this is taken care of. I have a wonderful husband, an 11 year old step daughter, and the best family and friends anyone could ask for. I am a very lucky person.

Hi,
Diagnosed with breast cancer august 2006. Done with treatment, hair coming back in, feel great. I don’t visit web site very often but I do like to read what other people are experiencing because I know that they can really relate to what the journey is like. I share some of my experiences with others if i feel it can be of help.

breast cancer

I am a THREE time cancer survivor. This month I have survived breast cancer for 5 yrs. My experience with cancer started 28 yrs ago with Hodgkins. 18 months later it came back. They say the breast cancer was most likely caused from the treatments of the Hogkins. There is hope and there are miracles. To me the future is a scary place as far as my health goes. However, I am so happy to be here. Never give up, that is my motto.

Diagnosed 3/07

I have had breast cancer 2 times now and like to talk to other women who also have or had BC

My mother was just diagnosed. I want to support her the best way I can, in a way SHE will be most comfortable.

my mother has been recently diagnosed with breast cancer, i want to learn as much as i can about the condition in case she asks me something and I want to connect with people in the same or similar situation as me.

hi there, i work with the careplace team. i think careplace is awesome. i hope it will really help people to share, support eachother and learn. we can all use support and understanding and it is so important for all of us who have experienced difficulties to have a safe and informative forum in which to do so. thanks for visiting - it is really rewarding for all of us to see people reaching out to eachother - it is what careplace is all about.