Breast Cancer Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Breast Cancer. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

I was just dignosed with breast cancer and am looking for support.
I have Had Major Recurrant Depression since 1990

I was diagnosis with breast cancer on 21 Dec 06 , I had a right breast masectomy on 19 jan 07 and am awaiting reconstruction surgery somewhere in the near future I am on medication and no one around me is comfortable talking about it, I would like to talk to someone who has been through it and get an idea of whats ahead for me.

I have recently had surgery am now having chemo, just want to be able to talk to others in similar situation as feel very isolated and alone at the moment.

My daughter has just had both breasts removed,I have had 6 children 4 m/2girls
I lost son in a accident then few yrs later a 2nd son, both on m/cyles, then to find that my girl has C it makes me doubt my
beliefs but Iam still praying to God she will be ok.

I am 45 years old, and married to the most wonderful woman. We have been honeymooning for the past 15 years! In the year 2000, My wife suffered a perforated colon. This meant lifesaving surgery with a 50/50 chance I could lose her. The Lord sent us an angel…She had a reversable colostomy. When I took her home, I took FML to spend time caring for her. I cleaned her wound and changed the dressing, I dealt fully with the colostomy bags and just …was there. I still can’t understand why she was so afraid that I would leave her as damaged goods! That is painful just to think about! I think she now knows…she isn’t getting rid of me that easily…

I live in the northeast and suffer from seasonal depression. I basically hibernate from november until april. Besides moving, I’d really like to talk to people about how they’ve conquered their depression. I’m a really cynical person and depression has got me beat :confused:

I work for Careplace. Glad to finally be on the site!

i was diagnosed with breast cancer 18 months ago things seem fine at the moment but i am still very depressed about what happened to me im 54 years of age and i live in southern ireland

recently diagnosed with IDC and ILC invasive stage 1

i have been diagnosed recently with breast cancer and am having chemotheraphy treatment at the moment

waiting for the biopsy results…

I was diagnosed in October 2003 at the age of 41,with a 2.8 cm IDC Breast Cancer. I chose a lumpectomy with axillary lymph node removal. I had 2/6 lymph nodes positive and my lump was ER negative grade 3/3.
I believe that information is power, and I like to share with other women that the chemo, radation and journey through treatment, is just that, a journey. There are many survivors that can offer support through the challenging and fearful days.
I was so moved with the support I received online, and the hunger for relevant information that I created my own web site to also share information for women, men and families affected by breast cancer.
www.breastcancersisters.ca

I am a mid 20’s male living who was diagnosed with AIDS in 2005 after dealing extensively with pneumonia.

I graduated from Georgia State University in 2004 with my MSW and specialize in adolescents with infectious diseases.

I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer 3/1/06. I also work as a clinical research coordinator running clinical trials with breast cancer survivors.

I have dedicated over 10 years to women who have gone through breast cancer…I help choose the correct wigs, makeup as well as skin care. My passion lies in helping women create beautiful areola’s after reconstructive surgery. I do this artistically with permanent tattooing…areola’s look natural and help my patients with self esteem and confidence.

I am 34 years old, happily married and have 5 children. I have metastatic breast cancer and was diagnosed 1 yr ago. I am currently still in treatment and I am doing well. 2 weeks before my bilateral mastectomy I started having pain in my lower back and it continued to get worse to the point that I could not walk. My bone scan and skeletal survey did not reveal any disease. 1 week following my surgery I was dragging my foot so they decided to do a ct scan and that is when the bone mets were found. There was also 2 spots on my liver which they were not sure iif it was mets or not until they had shrank on my next CT scan. As of my very last CT they are gone and the bones appear to be healing. I feel normal and I can do anything I did before. I am cautious however to avoid breaking something. I feel I have come through this very well and I am so thankful to God for caring me through to this point in my life. I get scared at times, but then I remember I feel great and I have 5 children that need their mother and I am going no where at this moment.

Live in the southern US with hubby of 37 years. Have grown son and a daughter who is fighting breast cancer. We have an 80 lb Airedale Terrier who thinks he’s a lap dog, and a cat who thinks he’s the boss of the dog. I love to paint and read. I mostly paint animal portraits. Hate to cook. Lots of health problems, but young at heart.

I was 36 when I was diagnosed with Breast cancer.
I had 13 lymph nodes positive and removed 23.
I had 9 chemo treatments, and 39 radiation treatments
My cancer metassised the following year to my overies
I have had fatigue and pain in my left side for about 4 years but nobody can determine why. I just tired!!!

I am a 58 year old divorced female…

I have (2) children; a daughter 30 and a son 32. I have (3) grandchildren; 8, 3, and 2.

I love people, especially the elderly. I work with the elderly on my part-time job. I am a positive person.