Breathing trouble and achalasia?

There is never enough information on the condition we all face everyday of our lives and I have so many questions that I feel other sufferers may be able to help with.

I suffer with breathing difficulty which im not sure is associated to achalasia or another condition all together..does anybody else notice this as a symptom of the achalasia?

Thanks

Yes, I do have trouble breathing at times. Feels like my esophogus swells against my treachea and breathing becomes difficult. Since I now receive a full body massage my times of difficultly has become less and recovery is quickly.

I have had achalasia for many years. I am 52 now and I know I have had this since my early 20's but only diagnosed in my early 40's. I was also diagnosed with asthma in my early 40's which my doctors have totally related this to my achalasia. They say that it is common that the two are diagnosed together.

Thank you for replying, its nice to know there are people to talk to about the condition

Do you have any helpful tips on relieving the breathing trouble? and what other symptoms do you have as I have heard they can vary between sufferers as well?

I know i am asking many questions but does the achalasia effect your everyday life and stop you from working, going out etc?

Thanks alot for the help