Can anyone help?

I was diagnosed with malignant melanoma (superficial spreading) in October 2007, 2 months after I gave birth to my son. Stage 2. The tumor was located on the left cheek of my face. It was surgically excised in November 2007 along with 2 sentinel lymph node biopsies. The surgeon removed 1cm of tissue around the tumor which has left me with a terrible scar running across my left cheek from my ear to almost the left corner of my mouth. The SNL biopsies came back negative for any metastases. Now, here in April 2008, I have found 3 more moles that have changed significantly since the initial surgery. Has anyone had anything like this happen to them? If these moles turn out to be melanomas, could they be secondary to the primary tumor? Is it possible that metastases could have been missed on the SNL biopsies? I don’t know what to do! I am going back to my dermatologist but I just wanted to check with people here too. Hope this question finds you all well and thank you for your help and time.

Hi

You are doing the right thing getting the moles checked - and my motto is:
if in doubt, get them out - and tested

Yes it might be metastases - but do not jump to conclusions. Instead make
yourself available for early appointments/removal should cancellations arise

• and speak nicely to people - it really does work.

But also be aware that sometimes our concerns the reality is not as bad as
we fear

Keep in touch

Love and Healing

Ian

-----Original Message-----
From: CJsMummy [mailto:melanoma-cpt8503@lists.careplace.com]
Sent: 10 April 2008 04:30
To: iandixon25lr@googlemail.com
Subject: [melanoma] Can anyone help?

Hi,
I don’t have much time to write as my toddler is crying but I wanted to let you know that it sounds like, if anything, you have more suspicious new moles, metastasis would be internally (liver, lungs, lymph nodes, brain). I am going through this right now. I had stage II MM, like you. Hideous scare across the front of my neck. Nodes removed, clean. I had another small melanoma removed 3 years after the initial MM dx (tiny and just needed a wide excision), and now, another mole, which the doctor thought could not possibly be melanoma, came back TODAY with melanoma cells. SO, I have to go for another wide excision. So, go to the doctor and have them removed. You are MORE PRONE to get other melanoma moles because you have already had this disease. You have to get checked regularly and have anything that looks remotely suspicious removed. For the rest of your life "( Always keep an eye on any new mole, or one that looks funky. Please email me if you have any concerns or need to vent. I just went thru a scare thinking that my melanoma had metastisized because i have several large, hard lymph nodes in my groin. I made my self sick over it. I had them biopsied and it is not cancer. Im sorry if I sound like Im babbling! Baby crying, I loose my thought ")
Hugs,
Melissa

Thanks or your email, I wondering if you meant this to go to
"CJsMummy" the author of the “Can anyone help” post? Good advixe
below, for sure, but you are not describing my experience.

best
T
On Aug 15, 2008, at 2:50 AM, luvmyryan wrote:

Thanks or your email, I wondering if you meant this to go to
"CJsMummy" the author of the “Can anyone help” post? Good advixe
below, for sure, but you are not describing my experience.

best
T
On Aug 15, 2008, at 2:50 AM, luvmyryan wrote: