Cannabis for Migraines

Lisa-I had never heard of that…it is great to know. I will certainly be checking into it!

In case anyone is interested:

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-9308-Marinol+Oral.aspx?drugid=9308&drugname=Marinol+Oral

Glad to help… legally at that! I’ve had terrible migraines for most of my life, first after a coma from a drunk driver who hit me as a teen in a crosswalk; then from a spinal injury in the Air Force. I use a Triptan most of the time and went from one to another to find a good one-- after ending up in a static migraine for 9 straight months and went into a clinic in Michigan to figure out the triggers, etc. When I get them that won’t go away, I try mixing Torodol with Compozine-- just orally rather than going to an ER for this cocktail IV. The Marinol for me was for another disease (chronic pancreatitis that I got from a surgery) but I only used it in the worst times-- but it really worked well.

Good luck to all–

Hugs,

Lisa

LIsa,

I will certainly look into that. I would think though, that MY neruo would proabably have some kind of a heart attack right then and there, and immedialtely take me off all meds, including all for pain if i even mentioned that pill. Geez, I have to go through testing now that you wouldn’t belive (drug testing) just to be honored enough to be seen in his office! Makes me rather sick if you ask me, AND feels rather degrading. Luckily, I pass every time. I am still looking for a new NEURO in Orange County if anyone knows of one!

I will mention it though to the Doc that I get my “medical marijuana” prescription for and see if they have that there! Doesn’t that count as “legal” ???

Cleta, glad someone else is a freak and can listen to music and play video games!

Okay, this is BOB signing off,
Billy Bob