Can't Decide on tx

HiI wanted to join your group for awareness, new tx info, and just camaraderie.I was diagnosed 8 years ago, genotype 1a, viral load 3.5 million. Had a biopsy, and all looked well. The last few years I’ve been having normal liver function tests twice a year, until I went on HRT and they became elevated. My gastro doc split town, so I went to see a new guy, and he wanted another biopsy to see if there were changes. Said the viral load is now 2 million, stage 1 fibrosis. We figured I contracted this 35 years ago from a gamma globulin shot (ironically to not catch “non-A non-B” Hep!). He wants me to go on tx now, just to make sure the dragon doesn’t wake up suddenly. I have no clue what to do. I’m 50, just married for 1 year, and hate like hell to give up 11 months to this great big maybe. I hate to draw attention to my non-issue when so many of you are sick right now, but I don’t know where to go for advice. On my way right now for my semi-annual blood work. Keep your fingers crossed! Thanks for the ear.
Sue
Lake Villa, Illinois

I would do the tx. I am pretty new to this and have 3a. They also figure I
have had this 30 years or so. I am also stage 1 and they will not treat me
because they figure if I have had it so long and it hasn’t progressed that
much, why put poison in my body. I am changing Dr.s. I want to be cleared as
they say before I am older and it has progressed and then more difficult to
withstand the treatment. I am newly married and my husband has been great.
Take the 11 months off. It will be worth it. Do it now instead of later. 1a
is nothing to fool with…well none of it is. I am angry they won’t treat me
because of my geno and v/l…and overall geneal"Health.".
Ridiculous…no one is healthy with hep c. You are lucky. At least they will
treat you! Take care, my friend…Donna
----- Original Message -----
To: donnaheilman@cox.net
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 9:39 AM
Subject: [hepatitis-c] Can’t Decide on tx

I would get on the internet and research and learn all you can about your type of Hep C. Think about the quality of life you want 15 -25 years from now.
There is a lot to think about.
I am pro treatment at this point. I am currently on tx. Lots of people go through tx without really difficult sides. You are seeing a cross section here of sick and hurting folks. There are many who do just fine. I am not one of them but I am dealing with multiple issues. With good support and healthy diet, some good nurturing, and you could whip the dragon. I have a zero viral load right now. Can’t wish for more than that except for it to stay that way forever… GRIN
If you need any help finding info or sites let me know I’ll be happy to help you out.
River

Nigel here,I will tell no one what to do it is a very personal decision you must make.3a is much different than 1a,and everyone reacts different.I have no idea what happened in my case i am 1a and only know after 1yr post treatment i have more problems than one could fathom.I am told only 1 to 2% have these problems i am having.I studied two years but i neglected to look at both sides as in why not or why to.I mainly studied about interferon etc.I wold read Lloyd Wright an alternative medicine solution at least you get a little more on the con side also.Their are many more books this one just seems to hit home a bit with me.None the less if i had to do over?I would not do it,but i would have considered interferon in small dose for long long time.So read get caught up whatever it takes it is YOUR LIFE no one else’s.Good luck glad to help where can,Nigel