Care Place Treatment Updates

Seems not to be too many active Hep C members around anymore. Come on outta the woodwork and give us all an update on where you are in your treatment. Our member total read 75…how many are we?

I am currently not on any treatment. I did tx back in o3/04 and was taken off due to adverse reactions. I wait for something new that I can tolerate. I deal wih a lot of depression, foggy thinking, lethargic. I have been tried on many anti’ds, finding the right one has been a major issue for me. I either have an allergic reaction or feel to fast/slow. just taking it one day at a time. I just took lexapro for 2 days n man everything was going to fast. I had tried abilify prior and that was great for about 2wks than It made me feel to anxious. I think my liver c’s all the meds as toxic. I just don’t react positivly. I really don’t know what to do anymore I basically have become a shut-in.

Hey I’m still about and doing what gots to be done. Matter of fact I gotta go take my WONDERFUL meds right now !!!lol

ok. i’m 14 weeks down, 10 to go. HCV load undetectable since week 1. sides are getting a bit old, i’m out-of-it all week end after the friday nite shots but i’ll grin and bare it.

my WBC is sinking fast but the hepC doc sez to hang in there, no dose changes or new meds. i’m just to stay out of the the dirty LA beach water (read no surfing) and be careful of infections with cuts and scratches.

peace to you all.

KM

Whooohooo! I get to start my 2nd to round of tx to try to clear my 1a genotype Hep C. Had to be stopped last time WBC couldn’t be kept up even with the nupagen shots and virus broke through anyway.
I had a terrible time with the nasty interferon. It HATES my body. believe me.
I need to try again as I have insurance now and soon will not. I am hoping it will go easier than last time I just got my letter
no suicide concerns but the severe depression it causes remains as well as the chemo fog from last time. They say it may get worse and never leave but if I ever want to clear the disease it’s better to try now than later. I am a virtual shut in also 459. get in touch!
few people understand this disease and how it impacts our lives like we do.
The best person we can lean on is each other!!!
peace and health
River

i’m wich ya’! you seem to have doctors that will look out for you and lot’s of support here. you can do this.

peace

KM

KM hope you’ll stick around while I’m going through it. I’d miss ya like hell if you go…

459 get in touch don’t be a stranger

I am so down today… whew… peel me off the floor will ya.

The ultimate pick-me-up…I got a puppy! =) No laying about for me in the morning! Gotta get up and take out the pup. Even though sometimes I’d rather nap…every hour on the hour, it’s WALKIES! =)