Causes?

Before I had this disease I went into an extreme anemia from taking “Tenormin” (which is a beta-blocker) for high blood pressure. While researching RPF I ran across a brief connection…Anyone here ever taken beta blockers?

Yes, but I don’t believe that there’s a connection.

Put (pmorgan@sbcglobal.net yes you can write directly)

I never had high blood pressure before I was in renel failure due to the RF, but they did give me Labatalol, which is a beta blocker. I take it once a day and also take Carizem SR, probably not spelled right. You can contact me if you have any other questions.

Joan

--------------Boundary-00=_W8S5H890000000000000
Content-Type: Text/Plain;
charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi =0D
=0D
I understand that RPF is an auto-immune problem. The immune system goes
into overdrive and attacks “self”. =0D
=0D
In my case, the docs think it was caused by an accident I had many years =
ago
in which I smashed my pelvis and broke my back. My immune cells have gon=
e
into action to clean up all the blood loss and scar tissue but forgotten =
to
turn themselves off! LOL =0D
=0D
=EF=BB=BFJan (West Sussex,UK) =0D
=0D
=0D
To control the emails you receive from CarePlace, go to http://www.carepl=
ace.com/account-notifications
--------------Boundary-00=_W8S5H890000000000000
Content-Type: Text/HTML;
charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

=0Av\:* {behavior:url (#default#vml);}=0A v\:* { =09BEHAVIOR: url (#default#vml) }
Hi

I understand that RPF is an auto-immune problem.  The immu= ne system goes into overdrive and attacks "self". 

In my case, the docs think it was caused by an accident I had many y= ears ago in which I smashed my pelvis and broke my back.  My im= mune cells have gone into action to clean up all the blood loss and scar = tissue but forgotten to turn themselves off! LOL 

=EF=BB=BFJan (West Sussex,UK)=20

To control the emails you recei= ve from CarePlace, go to http://www.careplace.com/account-notifications
=
--------------Boundary-00=_W8S5H890000000000000--

Hi Pandorainc,

My RPF was CAUSED by taking beta blockers for 15 years for migraine headaches. There are several drugs that can cause RPF, including all beta blockers, meds for migraines, LSD and several others I can’t remember right now. This makes me the rarest of the rare. Most RPF is idiopathic, or, having no known cause. My tumor is up higher than most peoples because of this. Hope this helped!

----- Original Message ----
To: tinarae58@yahoo.com
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2008 5:37:23 PM
Subject: [rpf] Causes?

tina wrote:

My RPF is supposedly a result of having had radiation therapy for cancer 20 years ago. The scar tissue that was created by the radiation has ‘become’ RPF.