CFS affecting the basal ganglia

Howdy to y’all. I’ve been dealing w/CFS for 4 yrs; it’s getting worse not better. The CDC did report some time ago about how CFS affects the basal ganglia part of the brain. I will be seeing a neurologist very soon so that he can do an MRI of my brain. My eyes are very affected by this disease in that they are constantly spasming; aka involuntary movement. This truly is a debilitating disease. I am to the point at times that I have to hold on to my husband’s belt loops to guide me due to lack of balance and stumbling. I’ve thought about buying a cane to help my balance, it’s probably not a bad idea since my husband is not always w/me when I’m out and about. In my opinion this disease can be likened to MS.

I always have been a very high achiever and a busy body as well. I still do quite a bit (perhaps too much); however, I cannot work in the field anymore so I work at home for my husband. (He’s a court reporter) I edit his work.

Thanks to all of you that I get your e-mails, believe you me I read each and every one of them.

I too think that Oprah and Dr. Phil show is a GREAT idea.

Karen