Cheer each other on! Not CP related

Hello everyone! I have gotten so much good out of this forum already and am really enjoying getting to know the wonderful people here. I thought I’d start a thread where we can relate and share Happy events in our lives; the kind of “good” things that happen to us or our families that can help take our focus off of how awful we feel everyday.

So here goes… some exciting news in my family!

My 10 year old son recently won his Elementary School Spelling Bee, and was one of two 4th grade winners. Last night we all went to the County wide Spelling Bee, and he was the only 4th grade student to not miss a spelling word! So, he and a little girl are the two 4th grade finalists for our county going on to the Regional Spelling Bee next month!

At the Regional Spelling Bee, students from 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grades from 5 counties will compete to determine the Regional Champion! That Champion goes to Washington D.C. to compete in the National Spelling Bee!

We are of course very proud of how well he has done so far, and are excited to see how far he can go competing with up to 8th graders! :slight_smile:

What’s happy and exciting in your life?!

Excellent news, Shacoya, and a nice thought for a thread! Tell him congratulations on my behalf. Here in the NW it’s cold, dreary, and rainy- not too great! lol I did have a good time last night at Father/Daughter night.
The “big” thing I am waiting for (well, other than hiking/camping season in a month or so) is that my wife and I are supposed to go to Panama in July. I am pretty excited as I am a total “tropics-boy”. lol I am interested to what changes have been wrought in the 27 years since I was there. I am really excited about trying to find some caecilians including one species that was only catagoriized once back in the 40s.
Once again, a nice thought for a thread.

Oh! How exciting Warren! Panama…sounds soooo warm. I envy you. How long of a trip do you get to take there? Has your wife ever been before or is this her first time? You’re going to have so much fun! Ok, you have to tell me what exactly a caecilian is? I love critters of all kinds and can’t imagine the feeling of actually seeing endangered or rare ones in person.
I live in the NW also, Washington state specifically, and alas have not had the pleasure of ever visiting a tropical area. It’s on my “someday” list. lol

Thank you for the congratulations - I’ll be sure and pass them on to my still excited son. :slight_smile: