Chronic Lyme Disease

Has anybody suffered from Chronic Lyme Disease and have been treated for it? Did your treatment plan work? How long did it take them to diagnose you? What was your treatment plan? Anything about this illness would be greatly appreciated. I was told 2 1/2 years ago that I had the illness. Since then, I had to quit my job because I am unable to perform my job on a regular basis. I have been out of work now for a little over a year.

Thanks

jparker

Yes, jparker, I have chronic Lyme. I was mis-diagnosed for over a decade. I have been in treatment for five years now. It is a long and sometimes frustrating journey.

What I can tell you is that I am doing better now. I am still on meds. I may be on and off meds for the rest of my life. I hope not though. Like you, I had to cut back considerably on work for at least a year. It was financially very tough.

The best advice I can offer is that you stay connected to those who support you and take each day as it comes. There are many mysteries with this disease. You cannot predict how you will feel from day to day. You will learn to give in to the uncertainty a bit. Try to relax. Take lots of deep breaths. Rest when you can. Do yoga or walk. Laugh.

Take care.

Stillbreathing