Chronic Pain Member Introductions

Anxiety creates my depression creating avoidance while alienating my “self.” Through self taught, counseling, and training I want to chop this cycle into bits and pieces while accepting the flow of positive, negative, and neutral energy which surrounds every creature on earth. I have self doubts though I can actually, finally see myself growing though life is a challenge. I am determined. I am very glad I bumped into this web page. Thank you.

I am a 50 year old woman living with Bipolar 2. Have been trying different meds for years now. Have not found one that works for me. They always have bad side effects or just don’t work. I would like to hear what works for others. I feel like I am in one of the lowest points of my life. I just want to feel good again without wanting to withdraw from everything like I do. If there is anyone here with Bipolar 2 please talk to me.

I enjoy learning, camping, watersports, and beachcombing with my family and friends.

Suffered depression since my teen years and the last 2 NOTHING works. I also suffer sever chronic pain which to most docs is looked at as a joke. It’s getting worst the last 6 months and my life is getting tougher and tougher to live thru.

I work for Careplace. Glad to finally be on the site!

I am a 47 yr old happily married woman
Mother to one girl who is married and has 3 children
I’m Canadian and work for the school system with special need children, resource and children in crisis.
I LOVE my kids
I am being diagnosed at this time and want to learn more I already have Diabetes, Fibromyalgia, endometriosis, IBS.and Lupus which is why I battle depression.

I have been disable for 5 years after 11 back surgery’s suffer from chronic pain not correctly treated from the begining. Now seeing a doctor which appears professional and up to date as a pain management doctor. Have recieved many treatment without sucees and now have a need for parital knee replacements which scares me as I am tolerant to many pain meds. I want to know how pain is being treated nationwide, what I can do more to help personally as I am limited physically and want to help myself. I also care for my Father who suffers from chronic pain, considers drugs addictive, dislikes anyone using them and he has cancer.

i have had back surgery but had a lot of nerve damage the pain is horrible since i stopped taking all the pain meds its hard to suffer all day cant sleep at night you feel all alone

I have had two discectomy operations, two spinal epidurals and am currently on lots of medication. I am currently on the waiting list for a spinal cord stimulator to be fitted. Has anyone had a stimulator fitted and what is the outcome of this operation?

I have severe lower back pain. I see a neurosurgion and I have had several painful procedures done and he tells me its chronic pain, but from what and are there other possibilities and I am only 34, already on pain med.

I live in Haverhill with my Husband who loves me and cares for me when he can.I suffer from CPS and it effects alot in my life, I can’t walk very well because of the pain. I keep myself occupied in a few ways I read,make rugs,play stratergy games either on my laptop or pc!. I also have a dog called Roman and he keeps me company when my husband is at work.I take alot of medication to try and supress the pain

Officially diagnosed with depression Jan 2002 and bipolar Sep 2006, though struggling with both since I was a teenager.

IN PAIN MANAGEMENT, TAKING NUMEROUS MEDS

i am 42 yeas old woman who has been living with chronic pain syndrome for about 9 years and now finding it more increasling difficult cope. I work 28 hours a week at a doctors surgery and i married to ken who helps me all the time our son is 14 years old. i feel gillity that i can not do the things i want to do with my family. if any one can give me adivce i would greatful.

I would like to learn how other people are living with Loin Pain Haemutria syndrome

im a 36 year old alcoholic. which has left me diabetic and suffering from chronic pacreatitis,also idont type to good.

I have recently moved to QLD in February with my daughter and two loved pooches.
I have suffered CFS,Fybromyalga,IBS and Tremours,Asthma and onset of tiredness and memory loss for 22 years.
December 2006 I was diagnosed with cancer which had the same symptoms as CFS.
I refused treatment and live my life on pain relief and bed rest being cared for by my daughter.
I am active but tire easly.
I like camping but driving is out.
I enjoy swimming but my muscles go into spasms and the pain is unbelievable.
I live for my daughter and my pooches and a man i cant ever had, my EX.
I live solo and enjoy my days co-herient with my daughter and pooches.
I miss my two elderly boys but one day i still hope they come home and visit.

My husband has chronic pain and I am interested in others with chronic pain and how they deal with it and their families. Also, my oldest son has been diagnosed with Bi-polar disorder and he needs alot of help but not sure how to really help him to get on his feet and start to be independent.

how to deal with the pain and how to make the doctor understand that the pain is real and to increase medication because right now quality of life is horrible

I have been suffering from severe Pain from Osteoporosis in my spine plus severe pain from peripheral neuropathy. I am a female born June 25, 1930 and just this week (Feb. 12, 2007) my Primary Care Physician has taken me off of all other drugs for pain and am now trying methadone for the past 5 days and still suffer from pain after about 4 hours from taking the 5 mg pill of methadone…My Dr. is monitoring me every 7 days in order to get the dosage correct for my methadone script…Hopefully this will help me with this horrible pain. Nothing else worked as tried it all and at the last tried oxycontin and it did nothing for my pain… I am single living with my 58 year old son who is my caregiver as I also suffer from severe COPD and am on oxygen 24/7. This old age for me has been some trip…
I am very interested in speaking with individuals who have found the correct pain medication for chronic pain…

Thank you,

Louise