Chronic Pain Member Introductions

I have been living with RSD which is chronic pain for the 3 years and i think it would be nice to be able to speak to people dealing with pain as well. I would all so might be able to help others and maybe others could help me.

I have nerve pain down the left arm that comes and goes. It starts with a “tooyh ache” pain just inside my shoulder blade, then migrates to my shoulder, down the back of my arm. There is often lasting pain in my left elbow and on the top of my forearm. Finally my left hand tingles with dullness in my left index finger. Sometimes the pain starts with tingling in my left forearm and hand.

newly diaqniosed one year bp1 unemployed part time student married one son 15 light of my life

I’ve been dating and living with a man who suffers from terrible chronic pain and I often feel helpless and wonder if I’m doing the right thing to support him. He’s the love of my life and I want to do everything for him I can.

I was formally diagnosed with Diabetes II in 1992 @ 36 years old. It is believed that (because of the extent of the Diabetic Painful Peripheral Neuropathy) I was probably dealing with Diabetes II for possibly 7 to 10 years prior to the diagnosis.

Cure4Lupus.org was created because of the dire need for Lupus Education, Awareness and Research. Lupus is one of the most misunderstood diseases in the world today! Kendra Isola, one of the co-founders, has suffered from life threatening Lupus since the age of 13. Kendra and her family have been appalled at the lack of advancement in the treatment of Lupus and decided it was time to do something about it. They started Cure4Lupus.org to assist them in spreading the word, raising funds for research and supporting Lupus patients and their families.

We are using our skills as the Internet generation to spread the word and let people know about this disease. Most people don’t even know what Lupus is and for a disease as common as Lupus, that is ridiculous. We are also building a network of Lupus patients, their families and friends as well as health care workers and people who are just interested in helping. This network is supporting each other in a new way. You will find literally thousands of people on our site who can relate to you no matter what your experience w/ Lupus. Thirdly we are selling Lupus Awareness Merchandise to raise awareness and to raise funds for Lupus research that is geared specifically towards finding a cause and a cure for Lupus rather than just more toxic treatments.

We offer hard to find, unique Lupus merchandise. Visit our Lupus Products page to view our products!

I am a 58 year old male who has been tormented, bullied, terrified and brutalised by chronic pain - plus it’s partners in crime of course like depression, anxiety and IBS - since the early 70s. It all started in my back but now is all over the place. Like most of you, some of my days are very bad, some days are just bad, and some days are not so bad; however, I’m also fully aware that my situation is in no way comparable to to those very many heroic souls suffering greatly much worse than I.

I have bipolar disorder and really have no one to talk to about it.

I’ve been struggling with back and neck pain for over ten years and now experience chronic neck and back pain (for the past 4/5 years) I would really like to meet people with similar struggles…especially those who believe that their condition is possibly phycosomatic and believe in the mind body connection

I am interested in knowing as much as I can about chronic pain so I can possibly find new treatments, advice and possibly the opportunity to be able to get it under some form of control.

32 years old. Happily married. Struggle with chronic, debilitating arthritis of the spine. I don’t have kids but love working with them and spending time with my adorable nephews. Serious library-book nerd/addict who reads as if my life depended on it. Enjoy talking with people from all walks of life and every imaginable background.

I have been Dx with fibromyalgia, I do know that this is hereitary and have cousins with it, one has chrohns disase her grandfather my uncle died from Lupus poor dear was in so much pain all the time. My daughter has autoimmune defificenty’s also. I contacted my doctor and he feels that its all from the fobromylagia and just wants me to take sleeeping pills at nite to sleep better, pills aren’t my route so I was hopong that you could help me so I could explain better to my doctor. By the way I do keep up with medicine since I worked in the field for years so I am not a dummy about this by no means . Thank you Mariel

In 2000 I was in a car accident that left me crippled with pain. Now I have gone through many doctors and countless treatments, but it continues to make my life a living hell and worsen from day to day. I have three young children that I only wish to be a real mother to. But, sadly our days consist of staying around my messy house while our main goal is just to make it through the day.

I have been living with chronic back pain since I was rearended on the interstate on Oct. 9th 2003. I was diagnosed with herniated ruptured discs and a pinch in my spinal canal… since then I’ve had 6 major back surgeries and with no relief other than the discs being “fixed” I’m being told that it’ll never go away and probably only get worst. I guess the worst part of that is i’m only 22 and haven’t even begun to live my life and what life i’d begun is now under the control of my pain and my frustrations…

I have a number of problems starting with post tramatic stress. artheritus, degeneritive disc disease, and spinal stenousis.

I have not had alot of satisfactory results from the doctors I’ve and I have to wonder sometimes if they are totally incompitant or they are are giving me the bums rush.

Ether way the results are the same.

My husband suffers chronic back pain ,does not sleep ,cant walk, sit, lie in fact any thing that makes life worth while, its the little things that gets you down .
We have just applied for SATIVEX & have been turned down because of the cost & if he gets it ,it will open the flood gates for others .
We keep on laughing as its no good crying eh! is there any one who like me is so very tired of fighting for any help only to be told ,to let him sleep as there is nothing more they can do.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT treatment and medications that work to significantly reduce pain and increase mobility in cases of central nervous system pain/
neuropathy… Also, to communicate with people who contracted their pain following a cerebral hemorrhage or otherr stroke.
Thank you

Ive been living with chronic pain for over 2 yrs now. I was hurt on the job and being victimized by W.C.B. I go to injured workers meetings once a month. Im 48 yrs old and I am living with my boyfriend who is also a chronic pain person. Its nice to know we are not alone.

After not being able to do anything for two years i have managed to enrol onto a Fine Art BA course-with alot of help from the uni disablilty officer and staff.
Art is my passion

Gee, when I looked at the list of conditions, I felt like a real wreck when I realized I fit into several. I have chronic back pain(5 bad discs, not a surgical candidate),Irritable Bowl Syndrome(looks like you don’t yet have a category for that), have had CFS(I was told it was mono, approx 15 yrs ago) and recently feel like it’s come back. I also suffer from depression and I am a recovering alcoholic (12 years sober). I am looking for a new doctor to help me. My current doc is a very nice person, but doesn’t seem to take me seriously. I am hoping to gain information from others who might have multiple conditions and maybe obtain referrals for competent doctors in the areas I need help with. It is difficult for my family to understand why I am always feeling bad. It is depressing for me also. I feel like if it’s not one thing, it’s another. I just found your web site so I’m not sure of all you have to offer. I am hopeful and looking forward to sharing with others. Thank you.