Climate

My son has recently been diagnosed with nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. We currently live in Mount Isa, Queensland, Australia. What is the best climate for someone with this condition? Is it cool and moist? Should be consider a town in a humid location over a town in a cool location if we find that Jack can’t cope with the heat and dry air?

My sons problem is extreme temperature changes quickly. If it is 60
degrees or less outside and his classroom is 80 degrees he can’t stay
outside more than 15-30 minutes without having problems. When the
weather starts getting warmer as long as it is gradual he does okay.
His body doesn’t like to get hot, than cold, back to hot again all in
one day. And if we have a hot day one day and cold the next and then
another hot day he gets sick. Usually high sodium.
Our best temp is in the 80’s but he can manage 95 or more as long as
it gets there gradually over a few days.
For example, he couldn’t go golfing when it was wet and cold for an
hour and then go back to a 80 degree classroom. It would usually
make him sick. He doesn’t walk well so exercise doesn’t really count
for him.
Every person is different according to other medical issues and
activity level also.
Hope this helps
Tanya

I don’t know so much about Mount Isa. I got this info while browsing.

People living at high altitudes. Living, working and exercising at high altitudes (generally defined as 8,000 to 12,000 feet, or about 2,400 to 3,600 meters) or very high altitudes (12,000 to 18,000 feet, or about 3,600 to 5,400 meters) can cause a number of health problems. One is dehydration, which commonly occurs when your body tries to adjust to high elevations through increased urination and more rapid breathing — the faster you breathe to maintain adequate oxygen levels in your blood, the more water vapor you exhale.

www.mayoclinic.com

Regards.

Hey there,
From a personal experience to dry heat, we live in a cool coastal town in the south of Western Australia, the kids and I went to visit my mum and dad in Kalgoorlie (a dry inland Gold mining town inland in Australia) and I must say my entire visit I felt dehydrated and always thirsty, even my eyeballs felt dry(hard to imagine) the feeling was quite stressful and after returning I decided never to return there again, so there you go! (mum and dad moved down to us).
Hope that helps,
All the best!