Conference: Dr Mcdonnell's reference to C Reactive Protine

While listenting to Dr Mc Donnell’s presentation at the conference, my brain spun trying to sort out the information. A Careplace Pal has helped me understand the collagen issues with the back. Now, what was she infering about the C-reactive protine in the study? My C reactive protine was extreemly high several years ago, and my PCP said there wasn’t enough research to consider is an issue. Did any one else understand what Naz had to say about CRP?

Anne

Did anyone else hear Dr. Mc Donnell refernce C Reactive Protine in her presentation at the conference?

Annd

I can’t recall what she said but I went back to test results from a while back - and mine was high. The nephrologist who ordered the test did not discuss it with me.

by the way my ANA was also high. - I am not sure what to make of that - th ough I know it is a generic marker associated with rhumatoid like conditions such as lupus.

so does any one else know about these tests? Karen

My ANA is also elevated. The Path reports states it can be caused by connective tissue disorder.

Anne

OK - I got some general answer about C reactive protein - it can be elevated due to any inflammation and is elevated after surgeries. basically any event that causes the body to get inflammed. Mine was eleveated after knee surgery and after my angioplasty. last time it tested OK.

Thanks. Think I will have my PCF have it tested in January when I see her. Also, a MD who sat at the same table with us at the conference, said if it is elevated it should be tested again to determine if it situational ,or indicative of other issues.

Anne