Confused, lost, lonely, and depressed

So today has been sorta blah. I slept through my morning class, had to force myself to go to the rest of my classes today and hated being there. I can feel myself slip further into depression right now, though at times i am excited and ready to do something. Its like I’m feeling two opposite emotions at the same time, it just doesnt make sense. I want to do something, but when I start I can’t finish and move on to something else. I dont like it when I’m like this, but I dont know how to fix it. I just hope this one doesnt go so far down…

I have also had a problem with sleeping, something just isnt right there. i’ve been tired all the time and have recently been addicted to coffee, which doesnt help me gte to sleep early…grrrr…having bipolar sucks

Greetings Lizard!

What has been helping me during what you call a rapid cycle!!,is doing some indoor gardening,walking,taking photos,going to groups like this,reading,listerning to Tony
Robins tapes and working on computers.

Different things to do depending on the part of the cycle Im in,as well there is the sexual side to be consider when Im in a High/Manic stage.

thank you all for your responses. i have had a rough week. going up and down. being happy mostly, during the day, and almost getting suicidal at night. not fun let me tell you. i am a lutheran, though becuz of how long i have been struggling, my faith has dwindled. I still believe in God and can see HIm in other’s lives, just not in my own. I will try to do some of the things that you all have suggested, though its hard to for a walk when its icy outside, lol. thank you again for all your support.

Hello,
you recognised your depression and said you hoped you would not go further down. The fact that you recognize this means you can learn to control it and stay on a level or lift your mood slightly by changing how you feel!! maybe play some music, go for a walk, phone a friend, knit, jigsaw any thing that you like. At first this is hard but it gets easier with practice. (Very worth while). Have you had you meds checked?

Hi my name is Andrew ,i have had Bipolar diagnosed for 1 month, mind you years longer, if you need chat just give us e-mail and i will gladly chat away to you lizard.