Cousins

Does anyone know what the chances are that lst cousins will both have CF…

Both parents have to carry the CF gene, for a child to be born with CF. So, since your grandon has CF, then his parent that is your child has the gene & that means that either you or your childs father has the gene. I hope that is not too confusing. If your other child/children carry this gene, then they can pass it on to your children. And whoever they have children with has to have the gene for the child to be born with it. My father carries the gene, my sister & I carry the gene…my brother does not. I have two children…my daughter has CF & my son does not…we have not tested him yet to see if he is a carrier, but plan to. One in 30 people carry the CF gene. So chances, in my eyes, are high that someone can be born with CF. Some people are misdiagnosed with things such as asthma,pneumonia, irritable bowel, etc…I have come across people as old as their 60’s that just found out they have CF. Anyway, I could go on forever. Do some research & please be proactive & push your grandson to take care of himself! But please keep an open mind, because you will see alot of negative things on the web…don’t let it get you down…make it a readon to fight CF, until a cure is found! I also suggest contacting your local CFF Chapter & see if they have a local CF Committee. And, another thing, don’t wait for someone else to get something started, we need you now! Keeping active helps me & I hope it helps you, too! God Bless!