Crazy bipolar junkie alcoholic in recovery

hello. i’m holly. i’m 21 years young and reside in sylvania ohio. i’m gay and attend many meetings during the week. i’m a junkie in terms of heroin, crack, and powder coccain. i am also an alcoholic. i had a clean and sober 21st birthday and it was more fun than drinking. my topic of conversation is: am i strong enough to hang out in a bar just have some fun with out drinking? i believe i am. i go to gay bars to meet new people. you’d be surprised in how many gay singles are there and in the program and don’t drink. i’ve met like ten. i go to play pool and sing kareoke. but my issue is that since i have only six months clean some people think i am doing something entirly wrong. i should not be in wet places because i’m not strong enough yet. but only i know if i’m strong enough. i believe i can do because i have before and trust me, i have no desire to drink or use. so my question is, when is time? when is it time to be strong enough. please help. thank you. holly

ive not been sober very long, but in my opinion, if you feel strong enough to go to bars without falling off the wagon then go for it. temptation is everywhere and you could equally say that going to the store is wrong because they sell booze there!

i think if there was a social pressure for you to drink in these bars then that would be different, but if the new people you hang with are dry, then that should only help you out!

good luck xx